Ordered my wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SilverBolt

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Gotcha, are you going to run different, than stock, size tires?

I will run the stock tires. I have had great luck with BFG's in the past. They seem to work well for our climate. Good in the rain and snow, ok in the mud. I have tried Nitto's, Bridgestone's, and few others. The BFG's seem to work the best for me. I like the Generals but want to see how they do in the wet and how long they last.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your setup will be nice and lightweight SilverBolt.
I have a feeling you're gonna be putting in some power-adders too.......?

OP
OP
SilverBolt

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Sounds like your setup will be nice and lightweight SilverBolt.
I have a feeling you're gonna be putting in some power-adders too.......?

I will likely drive it for a year with just a tune. After that I will be doing the Whipple. If I am still on the mainland I may have Livernoise build me a motor for the Whipple to sit on. My skills don't include motor internals so I leave that to the guys that know.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will run the stock tires. I have had great luck with BFG's in the past. They seem to work well for our climate. Good in the rain and snow, ok in the mud. I have tried Nitto's, Bridgestone's, and few others. The BFG's seem to work the best for me. I like the Generals but want to see how they do in the wet and how long they last.

Including the BFGs on the Raptor I have now run 4 sets total, All-Terrain T/As, over the last 10 years here in the NW and my experience has been much the same as yours. I have also tried others but the BFGs just shine for overall performance around here.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
our BFGs have enough tread on them to be OK in the snow but they are by no means good in the snow. a good snow tire would make a world of difference. they're not great in mud either.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My goal is to get a second set of wheels and put some BFG MT T/A KM2's for when I go muddin'.

I've had good luck with them in the past. Had a bad experience with Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's- sidewall blowing out.