Ordered My First Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Bulls

Reaction score
Dang when did you put the order in?? Only thing I got was the avalanche color and the moonroof power tailgate option with the partial storage. with the beaded tires… they told me like 4-6months. Then other dealerships said they got one in 5weeks and the other dealership told me 5-8weeks. they said where I didn’t get the 37package it shouldn’t get pushed back. But hey if I gotta wait maybe the time it gets here I’ll trade it on a 2024 when it rolls onto the lot lol
I placed my order on February 8 2022. It was for a 2022 Raptor with the 37 package, rapid red metallic, spray in bed liner, carbon package, vault in the console, power package, moon roof, and just about every other option there is.
After several months of emails from Ford telling me about the chip delay and how sorry they are, I got pushed to a 2023 order. Again, I sat back and waited. This forum was the the best for information on what was going on. Taking what I read on here, I pretty much went into ballistic mode on my dealer after not getting my questions answered.
What it all came down to was the allocations issue. My dealer apparently got in trouble with Ford back when the Bronco first came out. Seems they, well, the greedy owner that is, took 4 Bronco's to a dealer auction in Florida and sold them at a very nice profit. Ford from what I was told punished them by taking some future allocations away from them. Then there is the 37 allocation that you must have as well.
What it all came down to was my dealer was not upfront and honest with me. I live in Louisville KY and they have always been one if not the top Ford dealer here. That was all before the original owner died and the greedy son took over.
I have finally got a VIN and after getting a schedule date for the week of May 15, it now has been pushed back. I emailed Ford Performance and the email I received back said it will be re-scheduled for June if all goes well. What does "all goes well" mean", I have no idea. I was told however that since I have my VIN, I am locked in on my price (no mark up!) and since I am in the scheduling now, it is only a matter of time from this point.
It's all been a "matter of time" really.

I worked at Ford for 35 years, retired and started my own business. I have never seen such a cluster f**k the way they are doing business these days.
The Ford people in Dearborn have been friendly and hones with me. The guy told me the number one complaint they get is like mine where dealers have not been honest with customers. He went on to explain that Ford does not sell vehicles but build them. That Ford contracts out to dealers to sell their product and with conditions that they do and do not do certain things like mislead about allocations. But he never said anything about how they enforce this knowing dealers lie worse than politicians.

If you truly want a Raptor like I do and do not want to settle for one less than they one you want, you will need patience.

I can not wait to get mine and when I do, I will be posting pictures on here; that you can count on!

Good luck

OP
OP
HoodedCobra

HoodedCobra

Reaction score
I placed my order on February 8 2022. It was for a 2022 Raptor with the 37 package, rapid red metallic, spray in bed liner, carbon package, vault in the console, power package, moon roof, and just about every other option there is.
After several months of emails from Ford telling me about the chip delay and how sorry they are, I got pushed to a 2023 order. Again, I sat back and waited. This forum was the the best for information on what was going on. Taking what I read on here, I pretty much went into ballistic mode on my dealer after not getting my questions answered.
What it all came down to was the allocations issue. My dealer apparently got in trouble with Ford back when the Bronco first came out. Seems they, well, the greedy owner that is, took 4 Bronco's to a dealer auction in Florida and sold them at a very nice profit. Ford from what I was told punished them by taking some future allocations away from them. Then there is the 37 allocation that you must have as well.
What it all came down to was my dealer was not upfront and honest with me. I live in Louisville KY and they have always been one if not the top Ford dealer here. That was all before the original owner died and the greedy son took over.
I have finally got a VIN and after getting a schedule date for the week of May 15, it now has been pushed back. I emailed Ford Performance and the email I received back said it will be re-scheduled for June if all goes well. What does "all goes well" mean", I have no idea. I was told however that since I have my VIN, I am locked in on my price (no mark up!) and since I am in the scheduling now, it is only a matter of time from this point.
It's all been a "matter of time" really.

I worked at Ford for 35 years, retired and started my own business. I have never seen such a cluster f**k the way they are doing business these days.
The Ford people in Dearborn have been friendly and hones with me. The guy told me the number one complaint they get is like mine where dealers have not been honest with customers. He went on to explain that Ford does not sell vehicles but build them. That Ford contracts out to dealers to sell their product and with conditions that they do and do not do certain things like mislead about allocations. But he never said anything about how they enforce this knowing dealers lie worse than politicians.

If you truly want a Raptor like I do and do not want to settle for one less than they one you want, you will need patience.

I can not wait to get mine and when I do, I will be posting pictures on here; that you can count on!

Good luck

Dude that sucks what happen to you… yea man I can’t wait to see what you ordered. Tbh I wasn’t even thinking about buying one. I was actually going to wait till the 2023 Canyon AT4X came out. Then I test drove a 23 and that completely changed my mind up on the AT4X. I’m glad I went ahead and put my order in

drewski354

Reaction score
No, I prefer mine to be a sleeper when you're speaking of the 35's version. I only liked the graphics on the 37 edition because it was more subtle.

OP
OP
HoodedCobra

HoodedCobra

Reaction score
Got it last Thursday… I paid same price as the one I was having built… I looked at the build time and it wouldn’t of been till October to go into production… I’m god I found this one tho… only thing was different… one I ordered it was the avalanche color and this one is the Oxford white color with the carbon trim… I am glad I went with the white and carbon trim… had to get it from another state away but we’ll work it thoIMG_8143.jpeg

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Got it last Thursday… I paid same price as the one I was having built… I looked at the build time and it wouldn’t of been till October to go into production… I’m god I found this one tho… only thing was different… one I ordered it was the avalanche color and this one is the Oxford white color with the carbon trim… I am glad I went with the white and carbon trim… had to get it from another state away but we’ll work it thoView attachment 408892
Congrats. Your patience paid off. lol

What about the "Lifetime Warranty"?

OP
OP
HoodedCobra

HoodedCobra

Reaction score
Congrats. Your patience paid off. lol

What about the "Lifetime Warranty"?

I ended up getting the 100,000 miles warranty. they did offer me the life time warranty but I’d have to take it too then each time to get it serviced and it would of been a 3hr drive away. So I went with the 100,000 miles instead. I give props to all that waited forever or still waiting. I wish I had that mind set

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have basically the same truck. From what I’ve seen thus far, no after market exhaust is much of an improvement over the stock Baja Mode.
I have an X pipe resonator delete and Flowmaster FX on my Gen 2, it sounds about as good as the Ecoboost can. My opinion