Ordered a TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptor you can get more than you paid for, the trx probably not, but just enjoy it and drive it and then see what you think. Storing vehicles for years is risky and expensive, they need to be driven, etc, you still have to maintain a sitting vehicle, I know all about it. It's not like park it in the back of the garage and put a blanket over it. Nothing will work in 20 years, lol.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Bullet Bob, yep, I agree that you can’t just handover any vehicle to a 16 year old kid…certainly not ME when I was 16. Hell, he may have no interest in it anyway…pedal to metal, I think many electric vehicles today will walk away even from the TRX. Agreed though…have to work through those decisions on a kid-by-kid basis.
Nosbusa, I believe I e-signed some document indicating that I understood the deposit was not refundable…although now that I really think of it…that is kind of odd.

OP
OP

Reaction score
The raptor you can get more than you paid for, the trx probably not, but just enjoy it and drive it and then see what you think. Storing vehicles for years is risky and expensive, they need to be driven, etc, you still have to maintain a sitting vehicle, I know all about it. It's not like park it in the back of the garage and put a blanket over it. Nothing will work in 20 years, lol.
Completely agree. I’m less worried about getting a + return, than enjoying the truck and keeping the right one(s). I’ve never stored vehicles for long term, but completely makes sense, your point about not parking and forgetting. I’ve seen some of those YouTube videos…”….first wash after 30 years.” Basically, these barn finds that have just been stored for decades…

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Completely agree. I’m less worried about getting a + return, than enjoying the truck and keeping the right one(s). I’ve never stored vehicles for long term, but completely makes sense, your point about not parking and forgetting. I’ve seen some of those YouTube videos…”….first wash after 30 years.” Basically, these barn finds that have just been stored for decades…
Yeah and not one of these barn finds is in any shape that they show on TV, it's not a wash and go drive it, lol. Its, replace the gas tank and the fuel lines, replace all the brakes and the brake lines, now picture a sofisticated new vehicle with brake and fuel modules that would seize up and try and find those in 20 years. That's just a couple of items, there's another dozen items on new vehicles to replace, they can't sit and not be driven anymore, not without constant maintenance, better off to drive it at least once a month and get it up to operating temperature, etc.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I e-signed some paintwork fur an unrefundable deposit some time ago on a Gen 3 and got one from another dealer. Emailed the general manager of the first dealership and told them I’d like my money back. He called a day later and a week and a half later I had my “unrefundable” money back.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Enjoy new TRX...nothing to lose.

Post up side by side when you grab it.

Don't blame you on Super Duty 23 redo--def wait. Doing same on a 250 for ranch.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Well sorry to say but I wouldn’t give a damn about the 5.5 year olds feelings towards my vehicle. Trx are lame and for a founding member that’s a slap in the face. Like George Washington siding with China
Good points…never really looked at it that way. I’m going to have to give this some serious consideration.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Clearly this man needs somewhere to spend some cash :)

Keep both and see which one make you smile more in a month

Sound, gas mileage, road comfort, and etc.