Ordered a TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yep, back in December. Ordered the 37 pkg Raptor (MSRP) in October 2021, but started to have some doubts as to when it would ever get here. In December, ordered a loaded TRX for 9K under invoice. Raptor finally arrived, so took that no problem. Got email that TRX should be here within the upcoming week. I have a 1K non-refundable deposit on the TRX. Thinking about taking delivery and driving it around to see what it’s like. If I were THAT impressed, I would probably sell off the Raptor. If NOT, I guess look to sell the TRX. Option 3, keep and store the TRX…I’ve got a 5.5 year old little boy. Would like to what ya’ll would do…?

OP
OP

Reaction score
Yep, got that. Truth be told, I also ordered an F350 Limited back in April 2021…it got delivered almost a year later, so I wanted to go with the 2023 which is going to be updated. Just sold that to a wholesaler for $100K, so seems the truck market is still kind of crazy. Unless I just hate the TRX, seems like it my be a good keeper for old time sake and my little boy to have. I still lust after the 1976-1977 Trans Am.

dvm

Reaction score
I believe a lot of people on this forum, whether they want to admit it or not, just want the baddest truck they can have regardless of this constant RAM vs FORD crap.

I had a 2018 Raptor. It was a great truck. Then the TRX came along. It is an amazing truck. Is it better than the Gen 2, in my opinion yes. I also am first in line for the R. I couldn't be more excited to see which I like better the R or the Rex. Should get interesting. The thing that may be really tough is if the TRX releases a redeye version. (Now that may just push the scales to far to have an almost 800HP truck).

Aint Murica great. Seriously how many other things can you have two amazing options, neither right or wrong.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to be a tough crowd here, as these guy are pretty loyal customers to Ford. I don’t blame them as Ford has been good to me. I also own a 2019 Power Wagon and 18 Raptor and I was on the fence for both the TRX and Gen 3 until I saw the TRX in person and the Gen 3 in person. Ram has had a better interior for a while, and the suspension on my Wagon was very nice for a 3/4 ton truck so it did not surprise me that the TRX would be as nice or nicer then the Power Wagon. It’s silly but one of my favorite things about the 37 package that the Raptor offered was the Ricardo seats and CO. Now the TRX offers orange in 2022 so if mpg is not a worry then the TRX is the way to go. It’s going to be the last of their kind(as well as the R) so it is like a rolling middle finger to all the people pushing the EV. Take delivery and see for yourself. And report back please.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Well said! I completely agree. I had 2018 and 2019 Raptors and Ram never really hit the radar, until the TRX…and I’ve never even sat in one…yet. I also got the wink and the nod for 1st place with the R allocation…yep, we’ll see about that. I had the exact same thought about Redeye possibility. Merica is great and it’s a great time to be alive and experience it!

OP
OP

Reaction score
Trailmaker - my thoughts too. Raptor 37 in CO and blue Recaro pushed my buttons hard…so that’s what I got. I think the TRX really looks great…I live in a very small town in northern Maine and I’ve seen 2, one of which has Canadian plates. From what I’ve seen, I like the interior…but like most things there’s +/-, particularly in direct comparison to the Raptor. Interesting and fun times in which to live…I’ll get back with you on the outcome.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Giving a 16 year old kid a TRX is akin to giving him a .357 magnum. There's a good chance something bad is going to happen. You'll need to keep it in storage for 25 years and still hope he doesn't do something stupid.
Around here, there are several TRX's running around. They are nice trucks. I saw 2 today on the way to church and back, and the local dealership has 2 new ones for sale at MSRP. I have yet to see my first Gen 3 Raptor. Maybe it's just my region.