Order still unscheduled? Have a tonneau cover on your build? REMOVE IT (maybe...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Retractable as well & seem to be stalled at "in Production". I ask my sales Rep last week if the Retractable could be deleted. He said since it was built no changes! Since this an accessory option just ship the frigging truck w/o it & send it later!
Working at the dealer I know a bunch of covers are on backorder. I'm about to purchase the hard roll up soon once I see the stock about to deplete before they go on backorder. Why would I pay 1099$ at order time when I can use my discount to make it 849$ lol.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Retractable as well & seem to be stalled at "in Production". I ask my sales Rep last week if the Retractable could be deleted. He said since it was built no changes! Since this an accessory option just ship the frigging truck w/o it & send it later!
That blows. What was your build date?

have the same cover on mine

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the retractable, got pushed to 9/11.
I got moved from 9/27 to 8/25 earlier this week. It just doesn't make sense to me that I'd be one of the trucks moved if the bed cover was an issue. Wouldn't they just move someone else up who didn't have a bed cover on their order? Their goal I'd imagine is to get as many trucks out on the road as soon as possible...why waste time building one that will just sit and wait for an accessory? Doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, nothing really has over the past year and a half.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got moved from 9/27 to 8/25 earlier this week. It just doesn't make sense to me that I'd be one of the trucks moved if the bed cover was an issue. Wouldn't they just move someone else up who didn't have a bed cover on their order? Their goal I'd imagine is to get as many trucks out on the road as soon as possible...why waste time building one that will just sit and wait for an accessory? Doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, nothing really has over the past year and a half.
I got moved from 8/25 to the week of 10/18. You took my spot. No bed cover on my order, however.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called my dealer yesterday and tried to drop the retractable cover. He said I couldn't because I already had a Vin number assigned. Good news is he hasn’t heard anything about retractable covers slowing down a production. I guess only time will tell.