Order In- Waiting Game Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Priority code 19. Ordered and confirmed mid-October. Still not in production. I’m guessing it’ll be Spring at the earliest.
Long before it goes in production, you will get a scheduled build date, which will likely slip many months, like everyone else here.
I was mid-October, too, and still have not gotten a build date.
I was initially told probably january, but other here scheduled for December are now slipped to February.
I stick to my estime for mine of May, if I'm lucky.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed an order with a priority code 10 - my dealer has said it’s now priority 1. I placed it at the beginning of October and still waiting for a VIN…
My understanding is priority code 1 is for Ford executives. Your dealer must be feeding you BS. I would definitely question that with your stealership.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Finally got a copy of the order sheet from my dealer and they show mine as a priority 01. I’m hoping that is good, as my order was supposed to be the first placed once the 2022 allocations hit my dealer. I’ll be giving FP a call tomorrow to verify they have ”accepted” my order, if so, the waiting game begins here as well.

Again congrats!
Holy chit another 01 priority code? Dang Ford must be changing things up. My order was submitted on 10/14 as a 10 and received the VIN and production date on 10/28.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wait starts. Pulled the trigger myself, figured id better do it now and hope to get it before end of next year. no rush love my gen 2. Well I went to 3 dealers. 2 wanted deposits. Nothing crazy only a few hundred bucks. Should have just dealt with the high volume dealer I always use for service and where got my gen 2. I just wasted my time with the other 2. one was $8750 over msrp one was $5000 over. and my dealer. of course said no markup and no deposit. the sales manage said. If it was the 37 package they would have a mark up but not the 35's. I am sure me being a repeat customer and the company I work with gets fleet vehicles there didn't hurt. (name drops help). but he told me to be prepared most likely I wouldn't get a VIN for 2-3 month and be patient.

good luck everyone

wc901

Reaction score
Nice! We are in the same boat. Will be interesting on the timing! My guess is May/June although mine was a dealer allocation with a 01 priority code, so Fingers crossed.

SuperCrow

Reaction score
Called FP and they verified my build order was placed by the dealer, but not scheduled as of last week.

Dealer stated they had allocations and placed order as priority 01. So getting curiouser, and curiouser on this whole process as a first time special order Ford customer.

I’ll hide and watch.

M60gunr

Reaction score
All I can say is congrats on your order and good luck. Many of us have been waiting for build dates since June and are still Unscheduled-clean. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to how they pluck orders and assign build dates. You would think those of us that waited this long would be first orders scheduled for 2022's but not the case so far. Welcome to the waiting game

BlacknTan

Reaction score
Holy chit another 01 priority code? Dang Ford must be changing things up. My order was submitted on 10/14 as a 10 and received the VIN and production date on 10/28.
A lot of 01 priority codes, even taking into account those that got pushed to 22. They definitely should have 01 from Ford zone, not sure how everyone else is getting 01. Default for dealers is 19, but they can go as low as 10 if they want to prioritize one customer over another in their cue of orders. Dealer can’t assign 01, hopefully no one is getting snowed by their dealer on the 01 priority.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of 01 priority codes, even taking into account those that got pushed to 22. They definitely should have 01 from Ford zone, not sure how everyone else is getting 01. Default for dealers is 19, but they can go as low as 10 if they want to prioritize one customer over another in their cue of orders. Dealer can’t assign 01, hopefully no one is getting snowed by their dealer on the 01 priority.
correct only ford can set priority to 01-09. dealer sets customer ordered vehicles priority code 10-19. 80 is dealer order. at least thats based on everything read here and many other places

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also from what ive read is priority 1 happens if something during the build process screws up a truck and it can't be salvaged they reschedule it with a 01. so it goes to the front. another scenario is when the government may randomly take one in order to do all the safety checks, crash tests etc. it doesn't go back to ford (not sure how or even if the government taking it things happen but makes sense). that'll get an 01 priority code as well. If I am wrong on the facts. then everything I read here and elsewhere is completely wrong to. correct me if I am wrong.