Order Gen3 with 35s and upgrade with aftermarket 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get over the blue interior, so I'm forced to order the Gen3 with Stock 35s.
Besides nailing the right offset, the Gen2 required some work on the inner wheel housings. I'm wondering, if the Gen3 will still require this.

Specific changes coming with the 37 package that we know of:
- Optimised suspension tune for 37
- Modified Frame to fit a 37 spare tire

Open Questions:
- Does the 37 package come with other mods e.g. to the fenders or more spacious inner wheel housings?

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get over the blue interior, so I'm forced to order the Gen3 with Stock 35s.
Besides nailing the right offset, the Gen2 required some work on the inner wheel housings. I'm wondering, if the Gen3 will still require this.

Specific changes coming with the 37 package that we know of:
- Optimised suspension tune for 37
- Modified Frame to fit a 37 spare tire

Open Questions:
- Does the 37 package come with other mods e.g. to the fenders or more spacious inner wheel housings?

I'm in the same boat. I was excited to hear about the 37s, but bummed to discover Ford is forcing blue interior to get the 37s.
That being the case, I'll be getting 35s and going aftermarket for 37s. Is it possible to put aftermarket 37s on and skip the spare in the frame?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There has to be something else to it. The OEM 37 package has less travel than the OEM 35 package. They must be limiting the up travel some how? Not sure just speculating.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Discussion from a few months ago

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not going to order a Gen 3 because no SCAB.
If they had a SCAB, I would order 37s and change the interior if I could not get used to it. The shocks are also different on the 37s. No warranty problems with changing the seat covers?

OP
OP
zapp

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Porbably better off going factory 37s and swapping seats.

If it would be only the seats, that might be an option..
But Armrest and Dash are also blue, right?
Plus the Airbags might require coding changes or cables? New Seats (incl. rear) will also not come cheap.. I guess a wheelswap and maybe some shock mods are the better route to take.. I don't care for a 37 spare

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOOORRRRRR... Ford is going to update **** like always and put out more choices after we dry out our *******.. That's my guess. why go through all that just get the 37s ? Just mod truck's little nuances to make it work. or wait and see..