Order gen 3 37 or wait? Advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemsondds

Reaction score
My ‘18 raptor is out of warranty and want to sell it and get a new ride. It’s had a few issues lately so just looking to get a new one. Should I try to find an allocation/stock raptor or should I wait for the 2023? When would be the soonest (according to history) that a 2023 would be available. I had a salesman say that ordering would open up in about a month for the 2023. One other question is: has anyone noticed driving difference in corners between 37 package and regular? I love how my current raptor doesn’t have a ton of body roll…but I love the looks of the 37. (There’s none in my area to test drive)
Thanks everyone! I know it’s a crappy time to try to buy a truck…but I need to find one this year (tax purposes for business)
Appreciate your feedback

Cheyennedogsoldier

Reaction score
I would try to get an order in if a dealer will let you for a ‘22. They probably won’t have an allocation for it but then you can switch to a ‘23 when available and hopefully be one of the first in line. Unless things turn around a lot of ‘22 orders might be changed to ‘23s anyway so really no benefit in waiting unless you have to.

Kodyray72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends, most dealerships are trying to get 10k over for current or incoming allocations. If you can order a 2023 for MSRP I would say do that. Personally I’d rather wait a 8-12 months than just blow $10k. I ordered my 22 37 as soon as the order banks opened in October and it’s just now built. Should be getting it early next month so just under a 6 month wait.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends, most dealerships are trying to get 10k over for current or incoming allocations. If you can order a 2023 for MSRP I would say do that. Personally I’d rather wait a 8-12 months than just blow $10k. I ordered my 22 37 as soon as the order banks opened in October and it’s just now built. Should be getting it early next month so just under a 6 month wait.
Just under 3 months since ordered and I don't think I going to get VIN anytime soon since of more delays these days...

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order banks are definitely not opening for 2023s in April. A dealer might let you 'spec' a truck now (everything is going to be pending the 2023 Order Guide) and agree to sell it to you for MSRP (a big 'if' on a 37 Pack in today's market) and sit and wait for an allocation on a 2023. If you want a 37, I think you are pretty much looking at a 2023 by default as I am under the impression that all of those allocations are spoken for for MY2022.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
My local dealer said they have two builds that are available but they are already set on the color and specs and it’s not what I’m looking for. Is there an efficient method for looking for a ‘22 raptor with 37? Or do I just need to call every dealer in a 300 mile area?