Order Books Open June 10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorGen3

Reaction score
I just talked to my dealer here in AZ that is a close friend and he said Ford hasn’t said a word other than they hinted that the online configuration would be up early may. I’m one of the first in the list and he couldn’t even tell me when he could order me a truck other than he could “build one” on paper with the packages that were released last week
He even mentioned that the possibility of all raptors this year would be tagged as MY 2022. Take that info with a grain of salt like everything on here, but he’s been extremely reliable in the past

At this point, almost half way through the year, the initial builds will get here in the Fall at the earliest, these should be tagged MY2022.

That's exactly what I heard today from a solid source looks like will be a 2022 model seems to be a big issue with these lack of semiconductors.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
The problem with waiting till 22 is that they have the design ready to go, the TRX and others are out there for sale, and they are going to sell every Raptor they make this year regardless of how much complaining goes on in Truck forums. That's not saying some of the complaining isn't legit, just that it's not going to hurt Ford. Hopefully, they make a few changes next year, but those who don't want to wait won't have to.
All that is well and good but just how the MY’s are they are coming to a close on 2021 and you can’t even order it yet? Just doesn’t make sense to me...end of the year vehicles aren’t 2021’s they are 2022’s

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should just stop the ******** and release it as a MY 22. Scrap the summer (read: winter) release nonsense, unfuck the horsepower situation, stop roping us into that shit blue interior if we want 37s, and do right by their customers.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said it all; they should stop the BS. On top of that since their dragging their feet about anything substantial how about we just don’t buy anything over MSRP and see what happens. Rams dealing, check it out! Or I think I’ll just keep my GEN 2 until they come to their senses, or maybe I’ll get a TRX or a 392 Rubicon, both GM and Tesla are coming out with their fully electric trucks that are looking pretty capable!! that’s the million dollar question where am I going to spend my money??May the best brand win!!

Last edited:

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said it all; they should stop the BS. On top of that since their dragging their feet about anything substantial how about we just don’t buy anything over MSRP and see what happens. Rams dealing, check it out! Or I think I’ll just keep my GEN 2 until they come to their senses, or maybe I’ll get a TRX or a 392 Rubicon, both GM and Tesla are coming out with their fully electric trucks that are looking pretty capable!! that’s the million dollar question where am I going to spend my money??May the best brand win!!
If there any ADM on the Gen 3 I am 100% NOT buying the truck. No way. Ford has already raised the price of the truck Substantially. I will be forced to look at Dodge if so.

Last edited:

360North

Reaction score
What he said! ^^^^^

I’ve been doing the math...once you load up a Gen 3, if ANY dealer tries to add an ADM of $5-10K+ to it...you are mostly paying same price as a TRX that’s fairly loaded. Buyers will go buy a TRX instead...if for no other reason than the extra depreciation when they drive a Gen 3 off the lot, at least with the TRX they aren’t losing as much value when they take it home...and they get a V8!!!

I am basically in the same boat...since missed the boat on ordering a Gen 2 in 2020, been waiting on the Gen 3...cuz didn’t want to pay the cost for a TRX right now (besides having dealt with FCA‘s crappy customer service at multiple dealers over last few years). A Gen 3 is the best “value“ buy on the horizon...BUT, if dealers want to get stupid & charge TRX money for a Gen 3...I’ll go buy a TRX instead.

BTW...while 37’s would be nice, I have to agree that the new ”Solid Blue” Recaro interior (with orange stitching, of all colors!) is absolutely horrible...they may as well have chosen “Puke Green”, as if there was a difference!! The Gen 2 Recaro’s in Black/Blue was actually fairly nice (a buddy has one)...but if they’re gonna force that down our throats (to get 37’s)!!??? Umm...Ford, there’s a LOT of money on the table, that you’re gonna lose!! I’ll spend that money with “other” vendors & Ford will lose out. They should take, whomever was in-charge of color schemes for the Gen 3, out behind the woodshed and shoot them!

They could do much better on interior AND exterior colors for the Gen 3. Where’s a nice metallic grey (aka Magnetic) or the new Area 51 (which looks great!)...or even bring back Avalanche Grey!!???

Somebody is sleeping on the job over at Ford & should be fired!!!

Ford is already in financial trouble & everybody knows it, including their competitors. Why do you think they are trying so hard, to get the Bronco launch right!? One bad “Press Review“ and its a total FAIL! They need to put as much attention on the Halo version of their #1 Best Seller & get it right as well. I’d rather they delay it, get it right, and change the options up...than rush it & screw it up!

Ford...I hope you’re listening...cuz Raptor isn’t the only kid on the block anymore & you can’t afford any failures!

Just my .02

Later!

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People ******* and moaned about the blue interior in the Bronco so Ford ended up offering black as an option so it could happen with the Raptor as well.

Ram screwed up shelving the TR truck they had some plans in producing which had a NA 6.4L in it. That would have directly competed with the ecopoof Raptor from a pricing standpoint.

jesseR916

Reaction score
They should just stop the ******** and release it as a MY 22. Scrap the summer (read: winter) release nonsense, unfuck the horsepower situation, stop roping us into that shit blue interior if we want 37s, and do right by their customers.
+1

wtf blue? There's just too much. A little bit is doable.