Order 37 at MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about the 37 package, but you definitely do not want the moonroof. First, because you don't want it. Second, it's a fragile POS that requires constant maintenance. Third, it's heavy so it reduces the already low payload and increases body roll. Fourth, virtually all dealer orders include one because the dealer makes more profit that way. That means that no-moonroof vehicles are more rare. About half of buyers don't want the moonroof, so demand will be higher for a no roof version on the secondary market. And the power tailgate? Yeah, you don't want that. Or the step. If you can't close your own tailgate it's time for a Prius. Or a wheelchair.

In general, lower optioned vehicles sell used for a higher percentage of original cost than loaded vehicles. That's certainly true for gen 2. Used 801a sells for more than you would expect. The (uneducated) buyer sticks his head inside, says "Leather, check" and that's it. 800a same same. Raptor, sort of affordable. Done. Loaded sells for more dollars, yes, but you get a smaller portion of each dollar spent back.

OP
OP
drbubbles84

drbubbles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the advice and thoughts! He told me he had an allocation, but I'll confirm. I'm thinking I'm going to skip the moonroof and go for the 37.

I'll update once I hear back!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would get the 37 if available and for resale I would get the moonroof, a lot of people who drive Raptors these days, could give 2 shi ts if they go offroad, but they will pay top dollar for one with the most options. I would never buy a Raptor without a moonroof, even with some of the issues, I would just over maintain it. You most likely wouldn't be selling it to an offroader or a member on here either.

OP
OP
drbubbles84

drbubbles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the 37 if available and for resale I would get the moonroof, a lot of people who drive Raptors these days, could give 2 shi ts if they go offroad, but they will pay top dollar for one with the most options. I would never buy a Raptor without a moonroof, even with some of the issues, I would just over maintain it. You most likely wouldn't be selling it to an offroader or a member on here either.
Yeah I know. That's what I was thinking, but I really don't like these panoramic roofs. Ugh, decisions.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I need a power tailgate... Do I? Seems weight and complexity for little gain.
I'd do the tailgate. I am in and out of it daily with my tools. Just makes it convenient. and it keeps me from accidentally scratching the tailgate if my hand lips. JMO

even with the moonroof/tailgate and the onboard my max payload is rated at 1146.

pretty sad to think they say if you put 4 200 lb adults in the front you should only put another 350 lbs in the bed. seems ford is being little overly cautious to CYA.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty sad to think they say if you put 4 200 lb adults in the front you should only put another 350 lbs in the bed. seems ford is being little overly cautious to CYA.
The springs really are that soft. It's an offroad toy that looks like a pickup truck. It's not a pickup truck that looks like an offroad toy. If you want the latter, it's much cheaper to build your own brodozer with a cheap lift kit and big tires.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
luckily I use it for work. and might have 200lbs in bed max. and nobody inside. perfect for me.

never to old

Reaction score
Dude ! Guess your married or celibate ! Lady’s love that moon roof and that big back seat sure makes it just a bit better lol . No problems with mine ! In fact it’s helped me more than hurt me lol . Maybe Prius time for you ?