Order 37 at MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drbubbles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have an opportunity to order either a 35 or 37 at MSRP. I've never bought a car at MSRP before- it goes against the grain of my very being... But it's the market these days, I guess.

I figure I can eventually offload the 37 with less of a hit in the future since it's more rare (As I await the R or if I don't like it)? I am not a sunroof person, so I was going to skip that- but would it make more sense to just get it with one to make it easier to sell if needed down the road?

Finally, I'm 6'5" roughly 260lbs- Recaros or no?

Thanks for the advice!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think with or without makes much of a difference with resale with a raptor. I didnt want it but it came with it. I never use it. problem is on the 22 to get the power tailgate you have to get the moonroof.

OP
OP
drbubbles84

drbubbles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think with or without makes much of a difference with resale with a raptor. I didnt want it but it came with it. I never use it. problem is on the 22 to get the power tailgate you have to get the moonroof.
Yeah, I don't think I need a power tailgate... Do I? Seems weight and complexity for little gain.

speed77

Reaction score
Get the power tailgate and moonroof just for resale value. More options might make it easier to move in the future. Just my opinion (know a lot of people here dont love the moonroof but we’re a small part of the market)

rp606

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have an opportunity to order either a 35 or 37 at MSRP. I've never bought a car at MSRP before- it goes against the grain of my very being... But it's the market these days, I guess.

I figure I can eventually offload the 37 with less of a hit in the future since it's more rare (As I await the R or if I don't like it)? I am not a sunroof person, so I was going to skip that- but would it make more sense to just get it with one to make it easier to sell if needed down the road?

Finally, I'm 6'5" roughly 260lbs- Recaros or no?

Thanks for the advice!
If your ordering a 37 pp you better hurry up and place an order, like yesterday, unless your not really in no rush or willing to wait. Curious that whomever your dealer is is not pushing you to order quickly either. It could be the dealer is pulling your leg and doesn’t have an allocation and just wants to hold your money (deposit- non refundable) hostage for the next several months with no movement from the unscheduled purgatory. Or he’s really good guy or gal and is holding an allocation just for you at msrp because you seem to be a great person? Idk but good luck either way I guess, it’s you be driving it remember that.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Allocations were released to dealers for MY22 in early Oct. Dealers received ~25% of their allocations in 37's. No additional allocations released yet. I find it hard to believe a dealer still has allocations left for 37's. If they are taking your order it is likely without an allocation to provide you (yet). Hopefully they get more and you are not behind others they have already taken "orders" from without allocations...

Playing the immediate resale game is always a gamble on new vehicles. I am guessing if/when the Raptor R comes out, the resale on V6 35 and 37's are not going to be as much as they are now. I would guess that the less you have initially the better luck you may have to get most of it back out.

rp606

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allocations were released to dealers for MY22 in early Oct. Dealers received ~25% of their allocations in 37's. No additional allocations released yet. I find it hard to believe a dealer still has allocations left for 37's. If they are taking your order it is likely without an allocation to provide you (yet). Hopefully they get more and you are not behind others they have already taken "orders" from without allocations...

Playing the immediate resale game is always a gamble on new vehicles. I am guessing if/when the Raptor R comes out, the resale on V6 35 and 37's are not going to be as much as they are now. I would guess that the less you have initially the better luck you may have to get most of it back out.
I don’t think raptor r is going to hurt the resale value for the 35 and 37, apparently they going to stop making rams trx next year I think and the resale value for the trx are not going to be great, I don’t care how much money you got nobody likes spending time at the gas pump from what I heard that’s basically all you do with the trx, have a little fun for awhile and then back at the pump.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go 37”. Supply chain issues are making these almost as rare as hens teeth. Resale value down the road should also be higher.

RaptorND

Reaction score
35 or 37 will be fine for resale value. It will be offset by the more money you spend now. So get what you like

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I all but promise you that your dealer has no allocation for a 37 Perf. Pack for MY22. Ask the sales manager the question directly.

Also, at 6'5" and 260 lbs, I would say forego the Recaros and stick with the regular seats.