Order 2023 or Used 2021 37PP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at trading or selling private my 18 Gen 2 and moving up to a Gen 3. It's mostly for getting the newer interior. I've been very happy with my Gen 2 (other than the transmission, which my local dealer took care of very well), so I was hemming and hawing about either building up my Gen 2 more or just moving to a Gen 3. Wanted to here some thoughts...

The two options I'm considering are ordering a 2023 (which my dealer said would change to 2024MY) w/ moonroof, carbon, 2.0k pro power for $82,670, or a dealer a few hours away has a 2021 37PP w/ moonroof, no carbon, powertech, torsen, convenience for asking $81,500 w/ 10K miles on it.

Ideally, if I can get $60-65K for my truck, I could get to that $15-20K and my truck to upgrade.

Thoughts?
You want to buy a used 2021 for $1k less than a brand new 2023? Your going lose your a$s on that 2021 when the market keeps correcting. Your upside down in that 2021 big time. Be patient and get a new truck

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the new truck if you can wait... I did get a 21 as it was tough to get an 23 MSRP raptor in FL a month ago and I did not have the option to go out of state as I was a bit pressed for time.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I think it’ll come down to if I want to just keep mine and do 37’s and some more mods or order a new truck. Seems like even if I can’t order a 37pp, I can do a lift and aftermarket 37’s just like my gen 2.

RollTigers

Reaction score
I waited 7 months for my ‘23 37 pp it was well worth the wait. Trying to decide on a cold air intake but I have concerns if it’s worth it and is their issues with the check engine light staying on?
Sitting here smoking 2 pork shoulders drinking vodka in my “Let’s go Brandon “ YETI. Remembering all the men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifice on this Memorial Day. For those of you that served,…THANK YOU.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about picking up a new 35 for MSRP (one in stock somewhere) and upgrading to 37"s? Seems the best of both worlds and minimal wait.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently traded my 2017 for a barely used 2022, but with 35's. I didn't bother trying to pull my IC or CAI out of the 17 and just bought new, along with Cobb Goosetuned. Having to pull the ECU was a bit of a pain, but I had it back in the truck the 3rd day after I pulled it. I like having the heated wheel and the only feature deleted in the 22 is the auto start/stop which I would delete myself anyway. I hate that "feature". Cobb is still "working" on the 2023 tune, however, and is not yet available.

After my Gen2 experience with an aftermarket CAI and the hot/cold pipes on the Intercooler upgrade, I decided neither was worth the cost or hassle on my Gen3. An upgraded CAI and pipes in the Raptor is just for aesthetics IMO.