Order 2023 or Used 2021 37PP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the wait I'd say the new truck. A new truck is always nicer than a used one, 10/10 times. But knowing you may be waiting 6+ months, that would drive me crazy.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the wait I'd say the new truck. A new truck is always nicer than a used one, 10/10 times. But knowing you may be waiting 6+ months, that would drive me crazy.

I’m not against the waiting, especially if I can get the dealer to swap over the compatible mods for free.

Looks like my intercooler, thermostat, BOV and maybe intake would swap over. Not sure about downpipes.

The IC and BOV are really the only things I care about. I could always rebuy them and do it. Then get the tune.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ideally, if I can get $60-65K for my truck, I could get to that $15-20K and my truck to upgrade.
not sure if the market is that strong for this price anymore, i remember seeing that truck on sale for a while before you picked it up.
For just street stuff i preferred how my 18 was compared to my '20. Every little bump/pebble you will feel with the live valves, also less body roll. Its bad per say, just stiffer, but better offroading.

I drove a gen 3 and it was nice, but after driving a 37 PP i wasnt exactly missing much from my '20 for the price theyre demanding. I had a much bigger jump driving a friends gen 1 to a gen 2.
Its a very nice truck and the recaros felt amazing, the only thing if i were to switch would be for the seats. Didnt have the chance to test out the suspension offroad to really get a feel for it, otherwise road very similar on the road to my '20.
Interior is nice, but other than the bigger center screen its not a massive jump to me, not a fan of a fully digital cluster.

'23 has some features taken out from it, only one i care about is the advanced security package, with how often these trucks are targeted, $50 credit for making it easier for thieves doesnt sit well with me.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
37 now, order a new one for later. If the tech is what you are after. Could be 12 months before you see an ordered truck.

If the tech is lost on you, like it was with me then upgrade the Gen 2.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Space Ghost @Nex thanks for the feedback guys.

The other thing for me to consider is I owe nothing on this truck and don’t have a payment which is nice. KBB says $55k trade-in which isn’t too bad and considering truck prices and availability is still going up, I might be better off doing the 37’s on my truck, a little exhaust work and consider turbos.

Hopefully my truck would always be worth $40-45k plus even if I wait a year or two.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Space Ghost @Nex thanks for the feedback guys.

The other thing for me to consider is I owe nothing on this truck and don’t have a payment which is nice. KBB says $55k trade-in which isn’t too bad and considering truck prices and availability is still going up, I might be better off doing the 37’s on my truck, a little exhaust work and consider turbos.

Hopefully my truck would always be worth $40-45k plus even if I wait a year or two.
I just traded a 2019 for used 2022 37 package. For me, it was worth the extra money. The ride is excellent, the new tech is pretty damn cool. My opinion is take the trade while its high...there's still deals to be made and don't forget interest rates are negotiable (yes, even in these crazy times). Good luck.