Opus Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Johanneson

CrimsonRAPTOR
Reaction score
I have a 2019 raptor and put a backflip MX2 cover on it. It turns out that it’s really hard to put a rack above that to have a bed mounted tent. I’ve been looking at the Opus OP4 trailer and wonder if anybody has any opinions on how hard is it to drag that behind you when over landing or if I just need to find a way to fabricate a rooftop tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

408ltd

Reaction score
20200407_101626.jpg It is possible to fit a rtt above a tonneau. I bent up a couple brackets to fit smittybilt adapters and a crossbar to mount my Tepui.

Tolliver

Reaction score
Been looking at the OPUS 4 as well so interested in what other people post here. Why I am looking at the OPUS is the off-road capability and the fact that it is lighter in weight than a traditional RV.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been there done that.. trailers are great until you have to tow it off road. I fabricated my own trailer lighter smaller and put 35 inch tires on it. I used strut to create a tent mount for my tupui tent. But looking back I would use aluminum if I was to do it again. Make it cab roof height as it means you have storage under it. It also makes accessing the bed much easier.

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First post here (been hovering for a few months since getting a 2019 Screw last year) so be easy on me.

Also curious about the Opus 4. Considering that or a Black Series Patron to match the off road capabilities of the Raptor. Priced out RTTs (iKamper and Tepui) and honestly, the price is relatively comparable for the whole set up to a capable trailer that I can leave behind for day trips.

Any insight is appreciated.

RADvelociRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have been looking at the same thing. Not an experienced tower whatsoever, but it looks easy enough to tow. Not looking to off-road the trailer but to leave it close by as a base camp from the trails or whatever.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's going to all depend on how you "offroad" or "overland". If you're going on pretty well-defined trails, I think it would be fine. Hell, the boys at RVs of America drug all of the Black Series campers through all kinds of terrain without issue.