Options on my R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I don’t believe these statements of so many people don’t want/like the sunroof. I personally wouldn’t buy one without it. So what if has a track problem or whatever, get it fixed like you would with anything else that breaks. When checking around to see what I could get for my ‘20 (just for curiosity sake, not selling) one of the questions was does it have glass top. To which they would pay me more for than without. So if ur gonna resell you’ll get more with it than without it. Plus they’re great to tan my bald head.
What’s not to believe? Lol. I’ve had both options in my raptors and I’d personally go without on the R. I’ve gotten more use out of the power tailgate than the roof.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s not to believe? Lol. I’ve had both options in my raptors and I’d personally go without on the R. I’ve gotten more use out of the power tailgate than the roof.
I agree. I wonder what the weight savings is if you dont have that option added?
I was kind of hoping to see a strip down version with a roll cage. So no backseat, etc. Like a track model for offroading.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got confirmation my Raptor R was shipped!

I opted for an Oxford White as well!
My Build:
Oxford White
Graphics Delete
Spray-In Bedliner
NO Sunroof

Attachments

• 2484D1F8-6681-41FA-AB3B-2084476A8381.png
    2484D1F8-6681-41FA-AB3B-2084476A8381.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 11
  • CFA01F7A-A84B-4660-B289-E706D4EC53BC.jpeg
    CFA01F7A-A84B-4660-B289-E706D4EC53BC.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 12

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Colors always resell higher. Also, I know there’s problems with the glass roof but it’s significantly nicer looking then a Raptor without. Or any f150 truck for that matter. When I sold my 19 Raptor, that was one of the dealerships first questions. Does it have a glass roof? ‘Yeah’. And there response was ‘Good’.
Dealers like fully loaded models, and that makes sense in the grand scheme I suppose. However, I think Raptor (and TRX) buyers are split down the middle of the sunroof.

My Raptor has every option including the damn moonroof, which I can’t stand and literally never even open the shade, yet I still have to clean/lube it and it still creaks and rattles sometimes.

I ordered my TRX with every option minus the damn moonroof, which to me is a perfectly optioned truck.

Maybe I’m weird, but I’m like a vampire when I drive. I have 5% tint all the way around, and I never have my windows down, so for me, a hole in the roof letting light in makes zero sense.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealers like fully loaded models, and that makes sense in the grand scheme I suppose. However, I think Raptor (and TRX) buyers are split down the middle of the sunroof.

My Raptor has every option including the damn moonroof, which I can’t stand and literally never even open the shade, yet I still have to clean/lube it and it still creaks and rattles sometimes.

I ordered my TRX with every option minus the damn moonroof, which to me is a perfectly optioned truck.

Maybe I’m weird, but I’m like a vampire when I drive. I have 5% tint all the way around, and I never have my windows down, so for me, a hole in the roof letting light in makes zero sense.
Agreed!

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having custom ordered my 2018 Gen2 and forgone the tailgate step and did option the moonroof, I would never do another moonroof on a truck I offroad. I've had more issues albeit they are fixed but just dont trust it, plus its extra weight up top. Plus side is it keeps the scratches to a minimum on the top of the truck from any random branch because there isnt much paint up there. Happy I went without the tailgate step as well. Those are more prone to causing gap in the tailgate fits due to weight. Again just more weight being supported bouncing around at speed.

On my dads new superduty he went with the step which made sense as he is older and its not an offroad truck. That darn tailgate is so heavy though compared to mine.

Id delete the step and the roof if I ordered an R to do R things....

G00se

Reaction score
Just got confirmation my Raptor R was shipped!

I opted for an Oxford White as well!
My Build:
Oxford White
Graphics Delete
Spray-In Bedliner
NO Sunroof
Congrats. What’s your ADM?

Mine is avalanche, graphics, bedliner, no sunroof. ADM is TBD. Delivery is ~2 weeks out.