Options on my R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the moonroof will hurt resale. 90% of them will have one and 50% of buyers hate them. Supply and demand. I personally would pay more for an R without a moonroof. In general, more options means more resale dollars, but at a lower percentage of retail. So your typical $2000 option might get you $500 more at resale. Something that comes with a basket of trouble? Unless you really want it, it's a dumb move.
I too would prefer no moonroof after dealing w/ one before, they’re prone to issues, & when you have 700hp on tap you wanna enjoy it not worry about sunroof creaking or leaking

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Colors always resell higher. Also, I know there’s problems with the glass roof but it’s significantly nicer looking then a Raptor without. Or any f150 truck for that matter. When I sold my 19 Raptor, that was one of the dealerships first questions. Does it have a glass roof? ‘Yeah’. And there response was ‘Good’.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R options so far
Moonroof and tailgate step
Spray on bed liner
Engine block warmer
Paint color 8
That seems to be it
Plus a delete
Graphics package

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with my 2018 Raptor I didn’t go with the moon roof because I’ve seen and heard the rattle and in some instances the moonroof getting off track. My 2023 I decided to not go with the moon roof again even though I wanted the tailgate. Do you think leaving out this singular option will hurt resale? Previous trucks seem like it didn’t matter as long as you had 802A… but since the moon roof/tailgate option is literally the only option I’m wondering if I should add it on.

Also I went with white and I am second guessing if I should switch to a more exclusive color like avalanche gray or antimatter blue in terms of resale! Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Some pics of my old set-up below
Like you I want the tailgate but am not sure about the moon roof. I am leaning toward Rapid Red with decals. Seem like prices are becoming more reasonable with the base model, what do you think?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the moonroof will hurt resale. 90% of them will have one and 50% of buyers hate them. Supply and demand. I personally would pay more for an R without a moonroof. In general, more options means more resale dollars, but at a lower percentage of retail. So your typical $2000 option might get you $500 more at resale. Something that comes with a basket of trouble? Unless you really want it, it's a dumb move.
^This. There's A LOT of people that don't like sunroofs or the issues that can come with them. I ordered mine with no sunroof and I'm glad I did.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe these statements of so many people don’t want/like the sunroof. I personally wouldn’t buy one without it. So what if has a track problem or whatever, get it fixed like you would with anything else that breaks. When checking around to see what I could get for my ‘20 (just for curiosity sake, not selling) one of the questions was does it have glass top. To which they would pay me more for than without. So if ur gonna resell you’ll get more with it than without it. Plus they’re great to tan my bald head.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t believe these statements of so many people don’t want/like the sunroof. I personally wouldn’t buy one without it. So what if has a track problem or whatever, get it fixed like you would with anything else that breaks. When checking around to see what I could get for my ‘20 (just for curiosity sake, not selling) one of the questions was does it have glass top. To which they would pay me more for than without. So if ur gonna resell you’ll get more with it than without it. Plus they’re great to tan my bald head.
It's about 50-50. You're in the dumb half. Deal with it. :)