Options for rear suspension and towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I love my 17 Raptor, but hate the sag when towing.
I don't like the jounce bump stop idea.
Deavers are expensive.
Was looking for other options that would work.

Has anyone tried the Roadmaster Active Suspension? And how do you like it?
Its half the cost of Deavers, but if it doesn't eliminate or reduce the sag, then its not worth it.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deavers are expensive.

Its half the cost of Deavers, but if it doesn't eliminate or reduce the sag, then its not worth it.

As long as your truck is stock, they will work. I tried them on my Deaver +3s and they did NOT work. The ride was stiff and they kept popping off at the back. I returned them for a full refund, minus return shipping.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RAS works if you don't do any heavy off roading and/or jumping. I have it on my '20 and it increases payload and eliminated sag when towing

Did you use the white/25mm setting disk?

How much did it raise your rear?

Did you do anything to the front to eliminate more rake if the back end went up?

Did it eliminate axle hop/wrap?

Can you adjust them with wheels on the ground or have to jack up to adjust? Was wanting to run them with just enough tension set to eliminate hop/wrap but not go all the way with the white disk, then when towing, crank them up to the white disk setting or more. Wamt the best of all worlds lol

Alternative for me is the KHC torque arm but the cost and the pinion seal issue have given me pause on that one.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use the white/25mm setting disk?

How much did it raise your rear?

Did you do anything to the front to eliminate more rake if the back end went up?

Did it eliminate axle hop/wrap?

Can you adjust them with wheels on the ground or have to jack up to adjust? Was wanting to run them with just enough tension set to eliminate hop/wrap but not go all the way with the white disk, then when towing, crank them up to the white disk setting or more. Wamt the best of all worlds lol

Alternative for me is the KHC torque arm but the cost and the pinion seal issue have given me pause on that one.

With this setup my truck sits level at 42", I have Eibachs in the front. I used the 40% black spacer. I did not notice wheel hop. Wheels must be off the ground to adjust, very simple to do.

Wainwrcb

Reaction score
Deavers are expensive.