optional BL wheel , if you order the 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The build page shows a crap pic of a wheel that doesnt look like the one pictured with the 37s. Anyone know which wheel the 35 gets?

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuck with the cast aluminum wheels that came with it. I did not think the $1900 upgrade to the forged aluminum was worth it. I think the bead lock option for the 35's are ugly. I might try to look around for a set of the 2020 bead lock wheels. I think those were similar to the current wheels that are for the 37's. I always thought those wheels looked good. Did Ford offer a black wheel in the past that was not a bead lock? I have a guy that lives near me with a Gen 2 that has black wheels on it that look good, but they are not bead lock.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t worry, once everyone gets their truck there will be a few for sale as guys switch their wheels
New Raptor owner here. Is there a market for stock take-offs? I come from the Harley world where everyone swaps their pipes, and stock Harley pipes are a dime a dozen, you can't give them away. I am thinking with all of these people wanting to make their F-150s look like Raptors, maybe there is some value in the stock take-offs on the secondary market?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The stock Raptor wheels not so much, but, the optional bead lock capable wheels do command a reasonable price if you decide to upgrade.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New Raptor owner here. Is there a market for stock take-offs? I come from the Harley world where everyone swaps their pipes, and stock Harley pipes are a dime a dozen, you can't give them away. I am thinking with all of these people wanting to make their F-150s look like Raptors, maybe there is some value in the stock take-offs on the secondary market?
Absolutely! Just wait 6-12 months from now. I know my base wheels are coming off as soon as I get my truck. Granted, more peeps will want the bead-lock wheels but still .. guys who offroad their trucks hard want 2 spares. Lots of people also sell their KO2s

party2309

Reaction score
I stuck with the cast aluminum wheels that came with it. I did not think the $1900 upgrade to the forged aluminum was worth it. I think the bead lock option for the 35's are ugly. I might try to look around for a set of the 2020 bead lock wheels. I think those were similar to the current wheels that are for the 37's. I always thought those wheels looked good. Did Ford offer a black wheel in the past that was not a bead lock? I have a guy that lives near me with a Gen 2 that has black wheels on it that look good, but they are not bead lock.

the upgrade 35” wheels are actually pretty cool in person. The website made them look sort of ugly IMO

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal 35s off a raptor can sell for 1250 at least and can be hard to find so theres a market for them for sure
This is great news as it makes the investment for a wheel swap much more palatable.

Would you recommend selling the stock wheels with the KO2s and then get new tires with the new wheels?