GEN 2 Opinions. Take off 2019 bead locks or new method racing mr309 wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmexline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Is it a little nose high or just the way the side-view picture looks? I've been considering a 1.5" collar but I still want a little rake. I know they make an adjustable one that starts at 1" but I thought 1.5" left a little rake still.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of hate on this thread for aftermarket wheels and a lot of misinformation that all aftermarket wheels are of lower quality.

I find it hilarious that the 2019 beadlocks are an $1,800 upgrade when lighter, better looking and higher quality wheels abound in the market for a fraction of the price. But, to each their own.

I never said all aftermarket wheels are lower quality. In fact, you can buy very nice, high quality wheels from HRE, Rays/Volks, etc. I will say that although I like the style of Method wheels, the build quality of their products is less than OE standards.

TwoSqueeze

Reaction score
I never said all aftermarket wheels are lower quality. In fact, you can buy very nice, high quality wheels from HRE, Rays/Volks, etc. I will say that although I like the style of Method wheels, the build quality of their products is less than OE standards.

Was more talking about the comment from Dust Devil. Still don’t think that you have to drop the coin of an HRE, Rays, or Volk to get a better than OEM quality wheel though for a good amount of off-road work. Now if you are getting crazy then you will end up dropping quite a bit of money on aftermarket beadlocks which are not “street legal” anyway.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a set of 2019 beadlocks on eBay for 1600-- I had to look, but the deals are there, I also saw a set on craigslist for 1400 but sold first person