Opinions please… 19 for 23?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never said 700 HP or 10 miles to the gallon , I just said a V8 . The Gen 1 didn’t have 700 HP . They could still have the Raptor R for that . He just asked me if I had any regrets , and for me that regret is no V8 .
The Gen 1, slow, heavy, and just as thirsty as the 700HP R. Wanting a “V8” just because of cylinder count is pointless. What V8 did you want them to use? Up until the R version of the Predator, there was no V8 in Ford’s truck lineup that outperformed the 3.5 HO. The 5.0 Coyote is gutless even in a standard 4WD F-150 SuperCrew, it would be downright lethargic in a Raptor.

Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen 1, slow, heavy, and just as thirsty as the 700HP R. Wanting a “V8” just because of cylinder count is pointless. What V8 did you want them to use? Up until the R version of the Predator, there was no V8 in Ford’s truck lineup that outperformed the 3.5 HO. The 5.0 Coyote is gutless ideal even in a standard F-150 SuperCrew, it would be downright lethargic in a Raptor.

True I drove a custom spider F150 with the 5 liter and it was pathetic. The Raptor needs that top end boost of some sort.

JTN

Reaction score
Just replaced my 2019 with a 2022 37PP and what everyone else says is pretty on point. Technology wise the truck is a huge upgrade over the 2019, the 2019 to me truly felt like a truck. The ’22 feels more luxurious than the 2019. Again, it’s not a german luxury vehicle but it doesn’t completely feel cheap like some American vehicles can. New dash and center console is all improved with larger compartments and storage options. I haven’t spent a ton of time behind the wheel but overall the ride seems improved, still trying to get tire pressures right to get the ride back to what I think it should be. The exhaust is much improved from a sound perspective. Baja mode in town is pretty obnoxious.

That all said, I think I do regret some of my order. Things I kind of knew when I ordered and things I didn’t till after the fact. If I could go back I probably wouldn’t have done the 37PP. It looks awesome, tires fill the fenders better, wheels are better (main reason I went with it) but it is definitely slower than my Gen 2. I’ve never modified a vehicle but I can see an intercooler and tune coming based on how much slower it feels. That said, still breaking it in and haven’t really given it the beans yet. I also regret getting the Pro Power option. Didn‘t know when I ordered the inverter would take up the space under the back seat where I normally store tools. I also don’t like the new storage locker under the back seat. It is a wasted use of space.

Let me know if there is something specific that you want an opinion on.
Thanks for the great info. I just put in the order for a 37 and already am second guessing myself. Your truck looks great though but if you notice the slowness that much, I might go down to the 35.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info. I just put in the order for a 37 and already am second guessing myself. Your truck looks great though but if you notice the slowness that much, I might go down to the 35.
I don’t agree at all with the truck being slower. Honestly my 37pp feels quicker than my Cobb tuned gen 2 did. My opinion and I don’t have any test results to prove that but for the driving feel I just think it feels quicker personally.

epicraptor

Reaction score
I don’t agree at all with the truck being slower. Honestly my 37pp feels quicker than my Cobb tuned gen 2 did. My opinion and I don’t have any test results to prove that but for the driving feel I just think it feels quicker personally.
So, I’m past what I would say is my break-in period on the truck. Got 1,200 miles on her now and have started ripping her. She still puts a smile on my face like my old one when giving her the beans. I’d still say she feels a tad slower but the exhaust makes it feel faster. Once you start climbing over ~3,500 RPM and she starts to sing it does collectively feel like you are ripping it!

My larger issue I’m having is it doesn’t ride like my last one. Something just feels off. The suspension is quite a bit stiffer than my Gen2. Maybe that is still breaking in and will soften up a little bit more but I almost think it’s the programming of the shocks. It’s like they are slow to open up when starting to hit things. Again, will use the speed hump example as I’ve gone over a couple more that in my Gen2 you would question if you even went over something. In the Gen3 the front end feels like a pogo stick and you just bounce harshly as the rear hits. I’ve tried regular and Baja mode with no real difference. Just not clear on why it feels so incredibly different.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I’m past what I would say is my break-in period on the truck. Got 1,200 miles on her now and have started ripping her. She still puts a smile on my face like my old one when giving her the beans. I’d still say she feels a tad slower but the exhaust makes it feel faster. Once you start climbing over ~3,500 RPM and she starts to sing it does collectively feel like you are ripping it!

My larger issue I’m having is it doesn’t ride like my last one. Something just feels off. The suspension is quite a bit stiffer than my Gen2. Maybe that is still breaking in and will soften up a little bit more but I almost think it’s the programming of the shocks. It’s like they are slow to open up when starting to hit things. Again, will use the speed hump example as I’ve gone over a couple more that in my Gen2 you would question if you even went over something. In the Gen3 the front end feels like a pogo stick and you just bounce harshly as the rear hits. I’ve tried regular and Baja mode with no real difference. Just not clear on why it feels so incredibly different.
tire pressure?

epicraptor

Reaction score
tire pressure?
I've been slowly bringing them down from the 42 psi that the dealership had them at when I picked it up. That's what the door card says so I can't fault them for that. I'm currently at 38/36 I believe, where I had my G2 at the 38/35 or whatever the Raptor Assault guys said for street driving. Posted that screen grab in the thread I started on 37PP tire pressures.

That said, I also noticed I have green valve caps and am wondering if they put nitrogen in them (supposedly what green valve caps signify) and if that is what feels different. Don't believe I have ever had nitrogen fill in my tire before... Wouldn't think that would act that much different than normal air but the gain in tire temp is less than what I would see in my G2.