Opinions please… 19 for 23?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyAA757

Reaction score
Good evening…. Looking for some opinions…

I currently have a loaded 19 Raptor - every option except Carbon. Really like the truck - the look and the utility. Just passed 20k miles. I just placed an order for a 23 - which I’m told will take 9 months.

-Is the 23 a meaningful enough upgrade to justify a ~20k price difference?
-Are there more changes coming for a 24 I should wait for instead?
-Dumb Question, I know…but thoughts on waiting for something(?) electric? I’d ideally love an electric Raptor, the Cybertruck and Rivian don’t really appeal to me brand-wise. I do love cars with sound, from videos Ive seen the Gen 3 is much improved.
-I would like the big screen, nicer materials, wireless charging.
-19 almost paid off…

Other vehicles are a Range Rover and 911, so I do have alternatives as needed…

Thanks for your thoughts.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Specs wise, everything is improved in the Gen 3. Of course the subjective part is styling and colors/design. I prefer my G2 in many of those regards. The coil spring rear suspension and new exhaust are huge improvements; if you prefer the new styling/design, I’d say it’s a no brainer.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 19 and traded for a 22 37PP . The 22 is better in my opinion , but that’s my opinion . I really like the looks of the Gen 3 better , and ride quality is much improved ! I haven’t taken my Gen 3 off - road yet so can’t speak to that .

epicraptor

Reaction score
I had a 19 and traded for a 22 37PP . The 22 is better in my opinion , but that’s my opinion . I really like the looks of the Gen 3 better , and ride quality is much improved ! I haven’t taken my Gen 3 off - road yet so can’t speak to that .
I‘m making the same jump and my truck is due in any day now. At least thats what they continue to tell me. I’ll give impressions once it arrives. Current 19 is similar to yours in that it’s fully loaded except carbon and stickers (Didn’t want stickers).

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
It comes down to your finances! Can you afford the $20,000 or would you rather have a paid off truck? Who know if your order will even come in the way it has been with Ford's production. There will always be something new that come up that will tease and tempt you to have. Best thing to do is wait and see if the truck actually comes thru then make your decision.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Keep your 19 until your '23 comes in'--as you may never see it.

Is a 4 year newer truck worth it...duh. You fly a 757 and can't figure that out :)

Last edited: