Opinions on potential purchase please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pass too. The damage and repair are substantial. Not sure if I'd trust a shop to replace frame and engine and tranny mounts... But as others said, go with your instincts...

D

Deleted member 12951

Folks have had their frame replaced including myself and haven’t had issues that would be related to what was done. Swapping frames isn’t rocket science.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope... Maybe at $25k if you're good with wrenches, otherwise run away.

OP
OP
A

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks have had their frame replaced including myself and haven’t had issues that would be related to what was done. Swapping frames isn’t rocket science.
I agree with you. But it also depends on who did the work. I don’t know these people. It’s a used car lot, probably all the vehicles are salvage/rebuilt. I applaud them for not just putting it on a frame macuamd pulling!

OP
OP
A

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s one I looked at last night.

2011 62k miles

No CEL but it idled “weird” had a stutter to it.
Not much power either, it’s the first one I’ve driven and was not impressed at all.
Now, it could be tuning as the Catalytic converter was gone, and there’s a 14” or so stainless resonator under the rear passenger seats. Has a exhaust leak somewhere because it’s Loud inside. More than I’d expect for full exhaust. I have a big block 69 camaro with full 3” exhaust, and it’s not as loud as that truck.
I also found a air compressor, lines and tank on the frame. So clearly a old lady didn’t drive it to church on Sunday’s

https://www.genthe.com/VehicleSearchResults?make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2011

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats kinda my plan, but I’m not great at it:-D

1) Act like you don't want it that badly.
2) Pretend to have a line on a couple others with lower miles that are similarly priced, but not the color you want.
3) Give them the ol', "My wife has only cleared me to spend $X."
4) Do a better job of lying; That's 90% of what negotiating is.

And my personal favorite:

5) Just show up and don't stop talking until they realize the only way you're going to shut up is if they give you what you want.

I'd open up at $29,000. Tell them your wife has cleared you for no more than that. Expect to get in around $30,500.

OP
OP
A

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boondox out.

Going to Kalamazoo Saturday to look at a blue 2011 crewcab. 75k miles. Whipple Supercharger. Looks good in the video he sent me. Dirty, but it was raining. If it checks out. I’ll bring it home next week

B17A512A-9F37-4842-A5E6-6E74F795172B.jpeg 9AA1B578-19E2-430D-8A2D-99A7C6FFD6F1.jpeg 626A94DA-E91F-42D0-91E5-CE570215EA15.jpeg A41E8D72-BCFF-434C-BCE0-6D08A9D67910.jpeg