OPINIONS ON MONTANA REGISTRATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenbrackins

Reaction score
My R is built and scheduled for mid January delivery. My wife and I had a spirited "debate" on the registration of this truck. I already have a Montana LLC for another ridiculously expensive car but it is rarely driven. I thought that since I already have it all set up, I might as well register the R in there as well but she balked at that notion and said since this will be my daily driver, I should suck it up and pay the sales tax. I say that it would be stupid to not use the loophole and save myself about $10,000 in sales tax. I pay plenty of tax. I am surely paying "my fair share" every year. She said she will be embarrassed to drive in a truck that had a Montana license plate. Please settle this "discussion" with some chiming in. Thank you. (New world problems)

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until they actually get a stupid tax ironed out correctly I'm in the camp that believes I should not be penalized for trying to achieve the American dream just because I had the thought and/or ingenuity to be able to purchase the things in life I want. Furthermore, nor myself or others such who have achieved so should have to be "taxed" so as to support the failures of unknown others. You keep what YOU earn, I keep what I earn. I OWE you (them) NOTHING! So, one should use the LAW as they will to throw off the yoke of government tax oppression (and the funding of idiot financial equality). It is IN the law, right?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My R is built and scheduled for mid January delivery. My wife and I had a spirited "debate" on the registration of this truck. I already have a Montana LLC for another ridiculously expensive car but it is rarely driven. I thought that since I already have it all set up, I might as well register the R in there as well but she balked at that notion and said since this will be my daily driver, I should suck it up and pay the sales tax. I say that it would be stupid to not use the loophole and save myself about $10,000 in sales tax. I pay plenty of tax. I am surely paying "my fair share" every year. She said she will be embarrassed to drive in a truck that had a Montana license plate. Please settle this "discussion" with some chiming in. Thank you. (New world problems)
I'm sure she's a great lady, but your driving in an R, who cares about plates.