Opinions on Forged Offroad shock rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-C

Reaction score
right. just saying @TannerK17 there are likely 100+ good experiences to every one bad. its just people are less likely to comment on good /normal experience vs someone with a bad on. these forums have a tendency of being hyper-focused on the bad.
True - and Fair...
But by the same token -
Bad Press is Good Press - their name is still thrown around and they're still very busy...

like you said - they have plenty of happy customers as well!

FO is way closer to me - being Im in Central Valley...
but TSW was easier to trust...

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive this one. Anyone have any more recent thoughts or opinions? Truck is in need of a rebuild after 30K miles in a little under a year. I’m torn between justifying 3.0’s or doing the rebuild to hold myself off for another year or so. If I do the rebuild, I wouldn’t be doing the exchange and I’d be taking the truck to CA. I just want to see everyone’s more recent thoughts or experiences. No disrespect, just curious! Thanks everyone.
I just went through this decision process. My Raptor has 45K miles and the shocks needed a rebuild. I plan on offroading my truck a lot more over the next couple of years. I was looking at the 3.0's but I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. At the end of the day, the 3.0 's have the same service intervals. I ended up buying new OEM shocks and throwing them on. This prevented me from having any downtime with the vehicle. The plan is to rebuild the originals and then swap out with the replacements. Then rinse and repeat as needed.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True - and Fair...
But by the same token -
Bad Press is Good Press - their name is still thrown around and they're still very busy...

like you said - they have plenty of happy customers as well!

FO is way closer to me - being Im in Central Valley...
but TSW was easier to trust...
Does TSW give you the options to change the valving, similar to FO flutter valving?

B-C

Reaction score
Does TSW give you the options to change the valving, similar to FO flutter valving?
Yup but different, easy enough to call / email and ask them directly about the differences.

FO doesn't care to speak with you .... Verbally

B-C

Reaction score
Just a Side note
- Huge Positive for Forged Offroad..

Their videos of the Shock Teardown and showing Exactly the Brackets
both inside the mount and on the Top of the External Mount is one of the best out there..

so while I didn't prefer their Customer Service
I have to Admit that the videos that they've put out are GREAT

even a lot of the parts diagrams don't show two brackets

Last edited:

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup but different, easy enough to call / email and ask them directly about the differences.

FO doesn't care to speak with you .... Verbally
I've been calling Forged Off-road on the regular recently, different times of the day just to see and to date I've yet to get someone to pick up the phone... so as much as i like their work i will say its nice to just talk to people sometimes.

ive been back and forth with the guys at TSW, Mcneil, Fiberwerx, its nice to just be able to pick up the phone and ask a question when your mid thought/weld/bend/cut...lol

so i wonder, is it they are just that busy? or are they pushing to email coms so to have records of everything...cant say i blame them if that is the case but still...

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been calling Forged Off-road on the regular recently, different times of the day just to see and to date I've yet to get someone to pick up the phone... so as much as i like their work i will say its nice to just talk to people sometimes.

ive been back and forth with the guys at TSW, Mcneil, Fiberwerx, its nice to just be able to pick up the phone and ask a question when your mid thought/weld/bend/cut...lol

so i wonder, is it they are just that busy? or are they pushing to email coms so to have records of everything...cant say i blame them if that is the case but still...
they've been decent with responding to emails, until the last few weeks. Ive been waiting for Forged exchange since May. Ive been told i was number 11 on the list two weeks ago but havent gotten a response since.

Im close to cancelling and just ordering some factory ones from rock auto.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We do like having a record in email so accountability it held all around. It's strange you couldn't get ahold of us(sorry for that) as we have someone to just answer phones. We are busy and spread thin.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We do like having a record in email so accountability it held all around. It's strange you couldn't get ahold of us(sorry for that) as we have someone to just answer phones. We are busy and spread thin.
No problem at all. I know everyone these days is crazy busy. I may just have had bad timing, love your guys work, keep killing it!