Opinions on Forged Offroad shock rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Lucas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent my shocks in 3k ago for a rebuild with flutter and #1 valve. I can’t speak bad of them. Emailed me and then called me right away. Had a 5 day turn around just like they said. flutter and valve is a very impressive upgrade over factory.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do great work! Lots of email communication through email every step of the way. They offered great valving advice and the shocks ride better than new now with the rebuild and flutter stack.

A50FCC49-E740-4D12-B841-6974498F411C.jpeg

2BBE9361-01E0-4D59-9B85-5F6FFD7759C9.jpeg

25DB4922-1ADD-47B6-A673-5EC9A70AC12D.jpeg

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive this one. Anyone have any more recent thoughts or opinions? Truck is in need of a rebuild after 30K miles in a little under a year. I’m torn between justifying 3.0’s or doing the rebuild to hold myself off for another year or so. If I do the rebuild, I wouldn’t be doing the exchange and I’d be taking the truck to CA. I just want to see everyone’s more recent thoughts or experiences. No disrespect, just curious! Thanks everyone.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to revive this one. Anyone have any more recent thoughts or opinions? Truck is in need of a rebuild after 30K miles in a little under a year. I’m torn between justifying 3.0’s or doing the rebuild to hold myself off for another year or so. If I do the rebuild, I wouldn’t be doing the exchange and I’d be taking the truck to CA. I just want to see everyone’s more recent thoughts or experiences. No disrespect, just curious! Thanks everyone.
rebuilding any used part has risks. My experience with FO was great no issues what so ever. there is always the few sour bunch that seem to always have things going south for them... smh

if you dont want to take on any risk, even with FO's quality control, then sell your truck, no matter what you buy there is always going to be a possibility of it not working properly. if you want to buy 3.0s then do it. if you like what you currently have then get them rebuilt. at the end of the day you dont "need" any of this...

B-C

Reaction score
Just did mine last month..

Used Texas Shock Works - they answer email and phone.... Did not want a repeat of experience with Forged...
Night and Day Service difference..

Forged will not use anything but email..
Will refer you to their 1 sided contract .
You are their puppet once they have your cash...

Any snag / issue - they just update at their pleasure and don't give updated information..
Missed multiple timelines and I gave them 30 days...

Was not a pleasure to work with them .
Will Never support them.

B-C

Reaction score
Not sour
Crap service
Crap review

Texas Shock Works & its done

If they had issues.. I was updated
& I could call and speak with someone... Vs get ignored...

The trucks are trucks..
Tons of things break / fail..
Not sour it needs parts..

Did get rid of my clunking front end!

Hubs, axles, iwe delete, inner & outer tie rods, lower balls, & both front shocks...

Didn't do uppers..

Rear shocks also need but not as major.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
right. just saying @TannerK17 there are likely 100+ good experiences to every one bad. its just people are less likely to comment on good /normal experience vs someone with a bad on. these forums have a tendency of being hyper-focused on the bad.

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right. just saying @TannerK17 there are likely 100+ good experiences to every one bad. its just people are less likely to comment on good /normal experience vs someone with a bad on. these forums have a tendency of being hyper-focused on the bad.
Of course! I take everything easy I read here or elsewhere. There’s always something or another to risk or to have a potentially good or rough outcome. Either way, just trying to sway myself one way or the other since FO is closest to me now. 3.0’s are hard to pass on regardless at this point. Lol. I’ll update either way!