Opinion on protection and stiffness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
The Car Stereo Company guy will love that title LOL

Anyway. Are these items worth the price, effort and time to add on the truck for a mostly road (paved and dirt) potholed/washboard type driving? Im also in a salt state if that make any difference. I dont know enough about these truck or items well enough yet, I just want this truck to last and not have to worry about the ruts and potholes in the northeast lol

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Car Stereo Company guy will love that title LOL

Anyway. Are these items worth the price, effort and time to add on the truck for a mostly road (paved and dirt) potholed/washboard type driving? Im also in a salt state if that make any difference. I dont know enough about these truck or items well enough yet, I just want this truck to last and not have to worry about the ruts and potholes in the northeast lol

If you arent tracking the truck and jumping it on a regular basis or any significant offroad use then;

1 No, no benefit if you arent jumping and stressing the spindles.

2 Sure, these are cool and a nice little guard for something that could happen cruising a dirt road and catching a rock just wrong.

3 No, if you aren't jumping and slamming the truck through ruts then the factory setup is fine. Especially on a 13-14 truck with the beefed rear frame.

4 No, not if you're mostly on the road.

5 No, no one is bending LCA pockets unless they are jumping and stuffing the front mounts into the ground offroad.

Here's a link to our local track and what I am using for my answers, if you're not doing this on a regular basis or attending Raptor Runs then stock components are pretty solid.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you arent tracking the truck and jumping it on a regular basis or any significant offroad use then;

1 No, no benefit if you arent jumping and stressing the spindles.

2 Sure, these are cool and a nice little guard for something that could happen cruising a dirt road and catching a rock just wrong.

3 No, if you aren't jumping and slamming the truck through ruts then the factory setup is fine. Especially on a 13-14 truck with the beefed rear frame.

4 No, not if you're mostly on the road.

5 No, no one is bending LCA pockets unless they are jumping and stuffing the front mounts into the ground offroad.

Here's a link to our local track and what I am using for my answers, if you're not doing this on a regular basis or attending Raptor Runs then stock components are pretty solid.

Place looks pretty cool, is that texplex, rally ready’s place, or other?

We have talked about heading down that way to do a little driving but it is 15 hours or more depending on where we go lol.

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah i pretty much just zip up and down on log roads which fling rocks around and i also hit washboard and pot holed roads (which are awful up here in the northeast) so i wasnt sure if that would be something for peace of mind. Lol.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so many things to say on the title....... its hard to put on protection when it aint stiff.

all of it will help. it does provide some protection for the what if moment. i guess it depends on how big of rocks you are kicking up. i have bent my subframe where the lower control mounts to, i dont think an extra layer of metal will prevent 6500lbs of force from bending it though. i have just taken a pair of vice grips and bent mine back into place. need to do it again since i stuffed it last time out, but its too hot.