Opinion on audio components

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travenport

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking to hear some thoughts on my current audio components. I have a 2013 supercrew with the sony upgrade and I'm looking to get rid of it. I haven't pulled the trigger on buying these components yet, but as long as I don't get horrible feedback it's likely what I'll be going with.

Sub - JL audio 12w3v3-2
Processor - audio control DQ-61
Amps - JX-500/1D and JX-600/4D
Speakers - JL audio C2-525 comps and C2-525x coax

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Lvrkight6481

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the JL stuff is a good choice but would not go with the audio control. I attempted too on mine and regretted it. Got a fosgate 360.3. You need an actual processor to get the most out of the system like a 360 or few other similar products. There is some other threads on here that have gone done this road and was a wealth of knowledge. Hope you get it figured out and installed.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go JL on all the door speakers. Load the existing sub box with filler and live with it. Otherwise, get in touch with Noah and spend $10k on a real system.....

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced all my door speakers with JL and it sounds wonderful and I built my own sub box with 2 Memphis 12's and a Memphis amp. Works like a charm and sounds great! I considered getting an amp for the door speakers but it really wasn't too necessary for me. Quality is good and they get plenty loud.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking to hear some thoughts on my current audio components. I have a 2013 supercrew with the sony upgrade and I'm looking to get rid of it. I haven't pulled the trigger on buying these components yet, but as long as I don't get horrible feedback it's likely what I'll be going with.

Sub - JL audio 12w3v3-2
Processor - audio control DQ-61
Amps - JX-500/1D and JX-600/4D
Speakers - JL audio C2-525 comps and C2-525x coax

Any input would be greatly appreciated
there is no way the w3 will fit under the rear seat and have enough clearance to function properly. also, the jl stuff you are adding is all entry level stuff. will it be an upgrade? yes it will and may be enough for you, but if you plan on doing future upgrades to the system, i recommend using better equipment

OP
OP
T

Travenport

Reaction score
I dont think any future audio upgrades will be in order for quite a long time. I'm hoping these upgrades will get the job done for the time being.

Do you know of any 12's that will have the clearance necessary?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think any future audio upgrades will be in order for quite a long time. I'm hoping these upgrades will get the job done for the time being.

Do you know of any 12's that will have the clearance necessary?
I have Memphis Street reference 2 12s with 1 600 W amp works perfect. 12s are very hard to fit under the seat without modification to the seat but after a lot of thinking I finally figured out how to build the perfect box that fits perfectly with 2 12s. I'll search for some pics of em for you!

OP
OP
T

Travenport

Reaction score
I have Memphis Street reference 2 12s with 1 600 W amp works perfect. 12s are very hard to fit under the seat without modification to the seat but after a lot of thinking I finally figured out how to build the perfect box that fits perfectly with 2 12s. I'll search for some pics of em for you!

Pics would be awesome. Thanks man!

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
206c3b11b26fdd3f932a729211331444.jpg

This is an old pic (my only pic currently) but in this one it slid forward when I braked but it fits all the way under the seat and doesn't hit anything where I put them. When it beats hard it'll hit the felt on the bottom of the seat but never touch anything hard. I put the amp behind the rear seat.

The box is a 2 chambered dual 12 set up.

Since then I tabbed it to a seat bracket so it doesn't move anymore! It's worked well for me for 40,000 miles so far. When I get my truck back from ford I'll send some better pics!

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I'm in no way a professional builder or anything and I was proud of the outcome. My local audio shop told me the biggest thing I could do was one 10 or 1 to 3 8 inches firing out. I already had the 12s and they wanted 3,500 to move the seat up and build a box and whatnot. I did it for ~50 bucks excluding sub prices which weren't too bad