Opinion from the experts on a purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MNnick

Reaction score
Hello lads

I have been wanting to get a raptor for some time now and finally after buying the mini van for the wife im going to move forward with this, located a couple locally here in MN the land of nothing but snow lol

Dealership has a 2010 black raptor with the Hennessey supercharger, 1 owner with 75k priced at $26999

What are the thoughts for this one, I went and looked at it today, checked on the Fox shocks seems ok no signs of leak, the bumpstops seemed ok, didnt see any unusual leak in the engine bay. I did drive it but didnt get to really drive it fast(er) due to snow.

Also any recommendations for a place in Mn to take it in for pre inspection?

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that’s not bad mileage for a 2010, I’m a little hesitant to comment on the price. it sounds like you’re prepared here though, so just make sure you know what’ you’re getting.

BTW...

Welcome to FRF! I hope you land the Rap you want.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Price sounds good, is it 5.4L or 6.2L? Mileage isn't bad at all, do they have paperwork or anything on the blower install? If it was me I'd be most concerned about rust (check the rocker panels below the doors especially)...

OP
OP
M

MNnick

Reaction score
They got paper work of the install but that’s about it. There is rust starting on the rocker panels and because it so cold I didn’t get a good look at under the chassis might have to look out of state.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah unless they were vigilant about washing it and/or did rust treatment of some kind, I would avoid it, or get a hefty discount (if you want to deal with it). Good luck!