One Year To The Day, It Finally Showed Up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Raptor enthusiasts,

A couple of weeks ago, literally one year to the day, I finally picked up my work truck white 22, so I thought id make a quick post.

It was a journey, man... I made an initial order with a smaller dealer that took a $1000, non-refundable deposit and lied to me about having an allocation for 4 months. A month into that order, another dealer took my personal information and placed an order on my behalf without my permission to do so with the hopes that I would just say I didn't want it and they could sell it with some astronomical ADM. I took this opportunity to leverage the bad situation their salesman put them in to get the truck at MSRP at the height of the ADM ridiculousness, though. So I guess it all worked out.

Regarding my thoughts on the truck... It is absolutely worth the wait! The thing is amazing! I love the dramatic changes from drive mode to drive mode, the interior (shifter excluded), the exhaust, the power, the technology. Lots to like about it...

That being said, I know how much it sucks to have to sit and wait without having the opportunity to get a good look at a truck, so if anyone is in the Houston (Katy) area that wants to meet up for lunch and a look / drive, I'm with it.

Thank you all for your input and helpful info. Considering Ford kind of keeps you in the dark, its good to have a source of information.

Thanks again,

-Justin AKA Fat_Kid
Truck.jpg

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Raptor enthusiasts,

A couple of weeks ago, literally one year to the day, I finally picked up my work truck white 22, so I thought id make a quick post.

It was a journey, man... I made an initial order with a smaller dealer that took a $1000, non-refundable deposit and lied to me about having an allocation for 4 months. A month into that order, another dealer took my personal information and placed an order on my behalf without my permission to do so with the hopes that I would just say I didn't want it and they could sell it with some astronomical ADM. I took this opportunity to leverage the bad situation their salesman put them in to get the truck at MSRP at the height of the ADM ridiculousness, though. So I guess it all worked out.

Regarding my thoughts on the truck... It is absolutely worth the wait! The thing is amazing! I love the dramatic changes from drive mode to drive mode, the interior (shifter excluded), the exhaust, the power, the technology. Lots to like about it...

That being said, I know how much it sucks to have to sit and wait without having the opportunity to get a good look at a truck, so if anyone is in the Houston (Katy) area that wants to meet up for lunch and a look / drive, I'm with it.

Thank you all for your input and helpful info. Considering Ford kind of keeps you in the dark, its good to have a source of information.

Thanks again,

-Justin AKA Fat_Kid
View attachment 374464
Congrats!