ONE YEAR OF OWNERSHIP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Today marks 1 year of owning Orange Crush. My thoughts on this truck have been nothing but positive. After 1 year, I am still in love and have no regrets on getting it. We have journeyed 12,000 miles up (3000 was a trek down to Florida and back). I have only taken it to the dealer 1 time for the recalls and TSB's that popped up. For being a "Covid" built truck, I had my apprehensions about build quality and reliability. Thankfully none of that came to fruition. The dreaded thud/clunk from the front suspension seems to have worked it self out and went away after about 3 months of driving. I have found I leave the truck in the regular drive mode for most driving and turn the suspension setting to sport. My average fuel economy had fluctuated between 15.5 and 16 Mpg over a tank full. The camera system has been extremely helpful backing up to hitch up trailers as it takes the guesswork out of how close you are. I really have no complaints, other than I do not see many other Gen 3 out on the road still. This has been by far my most favorite Truck I have ever owned and now I don't think I will be able to ever go back to a "regular truck"(Dang you FORD!!). Taking the opportunity to go to the Raptor Assault class helped me learn more of the capabilities of this Monster that unfortunately I will probably never use, but it was Awesome that Ford includes this class. So, to sum it all up, I love this Freaking Beast. 20211227_103215.jpg20210921_162435.jpg

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happi Anniversary to the General Lee of trucks… can I say that?

To the future HR person looking at my posts prior to hiring me:

I was just referencing a action drama from the 70’s that was one of the highest ratings TV shows of the time.

lobsterman

Reaction score
Today marks 1 year of owning Orange Crush. My thoughts on this truck have been nothing but positive. After 1 year, I am still in love and have no regrets on getting it. We have journeyed 12,000 miles up (3000 was a trek down to Florida and back). I have only taken it to the dealer 1 time for the recalls and TSB's that popped up. For being a "Covid" built truck, I had my apprehensions about build quality and reliability. Thankfully none of that came to fruition. The dreaded thud/clunk from the front suspension seems to have worked it self out and went away after about 3 months of driving. I have found I leave the truck in the regular drive mode for most driving and turn the suspension setting to sport. My average fuel economy had fluctuated between 15.5 and 16 Mpg over a tank full. The camera system has been extremely helpful backing up to hitch up trailers as it takes the guesswork out of how close you are. I really have no complaints, other than I do not see many other Gen 3 out on the road still. This has been by far my most favorite Truck I have ever owned and now I don't think I will be able to ever go back to a "regular truck"(Dang you FORD!!). Taking the opportunity to go to the Raptor Assault class helped me learn more of the capabilities of this Monster that unfortunately I will probably neve use, but it was Awesome that Ford includes this class. So, to sum it all up, I love this Freaking Beast. View attachment 372538View attachment 372537
I feel the same. Got my 22 in February and really do love it! It’s my DD and so comfortable and fun, I really don’t want to drive anything else. Something else that is always in the back of my mind is I feel safe in this truck. If I ever am involved in an accident I expect to make out better than if I was in most other vehicles on the road. To everyone waiting, just hang in there you will not be disappointed. Code orange, no beadlocks, 9200 miles and no issues. I am about an hour west of you tabvette and also rarely see a gen3. Hoping that changes.

OP
OP
tabvette

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel the same. Got my 22 in February and really do love it! It’s my DD and so comfortable and fun, I really don’t want to drive anything else. Something else that is always in the back of my mind is I feel safe in this truck. If I ever am involved in an accident I expect to make out better than if I was in most other vehicles on the road. To everyone waiting, just hang in there you will not be disappointed. Code orange, no beadlocks, 9200 miles and no issues. I am about an hour west of you tabvette and also rarely see a gen3. Hoping that changes.
I wonder if we have seen each other before? Are you the one I spoke to at the mall in Henrietta last winter/spring?

lobsterman

Reaction score
I wonder if we have seen each other before? Are you the one I spoke to at the mall in Henrietta last winter/spring?
No, but I assume it was you I saw driving on rt.332 in Canandaigua before my truck came in. It was the first time I saw code orange in person and even though it was only a few seconds passing you the other way I loved the color. A little scary ordering a truck without seeing the color, but glad I did! Don’t make it out your way often but will flag you down if I see you again.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Congratulations Mr Gen Tre Snob :happy175::happy160:
You definitely, IMHO, Picked the best color, 2nd only to the Molten Orange on my 2010. It only took them 12 yrs to bring it back.
I say Snob because I’m green and orange with envy! I’m unlikely going to ever be able to afford a Gen Tre, Unless…. You’re interested in a swap?? I’ll throw in all of my recovery gear annnnd 4 Free Detailing sessions;)
I anxiously await your decision with my Baited Breath :head3::hidesbehindsofa:

Last edited: