One headlight stays one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jules Martin

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Raptor with HID lights...that started having an issue with one headlight staying on. Ignition off and light switch to off... It just stays on. I pulled the fuse so would not run battery down and put it back in later and problem seemed to go away...till I looked outside that night and now the other headlight is on! Both fuses are in. The issue just moved to the other headlight. I pulled both headlight fuses for the night and when I put them back in in the morning the issue moved back to original head light on passenger side. Ford found no error codes. WTH!

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad hid modules? Unplug the lights and test the switched power wire to verify it actually turns off.

OP
OP
Jules Martin

Jules Martin

Reaction score
Bad hid modules? Unplug the lights and test the switched power wire to verify it actually turns off.
Hmmm both going bad at the same time and intermittent... I'm thinking not likely. And wouldn't that make them just not work. The problem is the opposite... obviously there's power going to it in the light is on when it shouldn't be power going to it.

OP
OP
Jules Martin

Jules Martin

Reaction score
Ford is tell me problem was water in pigtail connectors for headlights. It was raining the day the problem started. They said they cleaned them and put dielectric grease in connectors. Problem appears to be resolved.

I still don't understand how that would cause light to be on; regardless of truck being off and light switch to off... how is there 12 volt + power at the connector to be shorted to by the water? Maybe somebody can explain?