Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

One headlight stays one

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Jules Martin, Oct 12, 2019 at 3:54 PM.

1. Jules Martin

Jules Martin Member

I have a 2014 Raptor with HID lights...that started having an issue with one headlight staying on. Ignition off and light switch to off... It just stays on. I pulled the fuse so would not run battery down and put it back in later and problem seemed to go away...till I looked outside that night and now the other headlight is on! Both fuses are in. The issue just moved to the other headlight. I pulled both headlight fuses for the night and when I put them back in in the morning the issue moved back to original head light on passenger side. Ford found no error codes. WTH!

2. MEATSWORD

MEATSWORD Full Access Member

Bad hid modules? Unplug the lights and test the switched power wire to verify it actually turns off.

3. Jules Martin

Jules Martin Member

Hmmm both going bad at the same time and intermittent... I'm thinking not likely. And wouldn't that make them just not work. The problem is the opposite... obviously there's power going to it in the light is on when it shouldn't be power going to it.