One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When running 87 octane I get around 15 mpg. If you are going to run E-85 you are going to much less. I was getting between 12 and 13 mpg but had much better performance. E-85 is about 106 octane. Currently E-85 is running around $2.14 pre gallon as 87 running $2.59 +.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
When running 87 octane I get around 15 mpg. If you are going to run E-85 you are going to much less. I was getting between 12 and 13 mpg but had much better performance. E-85 is about 106 octane. Currently E-85 is running around $2.14 pre gallon as 87 running $2.59 +.

i have never seen a station selling e85 around here.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
i floor it pretty much every time i go somewhere and still can't manage to get below 13 no matter what i do. on the weekends when i don't work i get 15 around town.

I really and mean really babied my 5.4 like putting on the cruise control going down a 35 mph zone and the best gas mileage I could get is 14.2 -14.3 mpg that's it.
Ducati has been saying he gets the same as well like you.
What the heck are you guys doing to get that? and this is average not resetting the mpg while going down the road.
I haven't reset mine in months.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I drive like Birdie and I avg 13.

Hmmm! Well that just sucks the BIG ONE.
wonder what makes my truck that much different?
I know Ducati Avg. 15.1 and I've been trying to even come close
to that but with out any luck.
There has to be something different.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I really and mean really babied my 5.4 like putting on the cruise control going down a 35 mph zone and the best gas mileage I could get is 14.2 -14.3 mpg that's it.
Ducati has been saying he gets the same as well like you.
What the heck are you guys doing to get that? and this is average not resetting the mpg while going down the road.
I haven't reset mine in months.

i got a solid 17.2 on a 180 mile round trip. mostly highway- some of it was 35-50mph with stop lights. i dunno. all i can think of is the CAI, muffler and synthetic. i couldn't get better than 11.7 when I first got the truck. I got like 9 when I had the JDM tune in :rolleyes: