One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
During my 4 day work week, I am averaging 14.5 to 14.7 mpg over 240 miles. 72 of those miles are a 35mph country road and the rest highway. If I keep it below 70 mph it does very well. Traffic is moving on the way in, and I hit two spots of stop-and-go on the way home.

In town driving will drop that into the 13’s over my weekend. It’s actually much better than I expected.

When I had about a 56 mile round trip drive from 2014 to 2016 my mileage was always in the mid 14s. Now I'm like an 8 mile round trip and my mpg is solidly in the low 12s.

I ride my bike most days now since I'm so close.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
13.6 mpg with 37" tires from Nashville, TN to St Paul, VA taking all back roads. Mostly 55mph the whole way. Used about 26 gallons. Slightly less on way back, 13.3mpg.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I averaged in the 13s driving back and forth to work most of last summer/fall.
I did see upwards of 19 when I went on a couple highway drives.
REALLY surprised me to see it, but I had the cruise set at a rate that may or may not have been above posted limits. As soon as getting off the highway, back to normal speeds, and stop and go it returned to what I was used to.
Then hit the dunes and dropped off considerably.
Just gotta go faster to save the planet !!!

VtTails

Reaction score
The previous owner of mine averaged 14.4mpg from what the trip meter said over the last 5000+gal, im in the 12-13 range in my fist couple tank fulls.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I find that adding a can of Sea Foam High Mileage Motor Treatment every 2-3 fill-ups keeps me in a good MPG range. If I go beyond 3 it starts noticeably slipping. Just my experience.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I daily drive mine and usually average around 13 mpg. I recently went on a road trip and while in Wyoming in -8 degree weather I was averaging 10 mpg. Not sure if it was the cold or the elevation or both. But driving down to Colorado it jumped to almost 16! I have been using the Fuelly app for over a year and it’s consistently 0.2 lower than what is shown on my display for average, so the truck isn’t exactly accurate. I know where you get your gas from has a lot to do with it, the Mapco’s around here have horrible gas. Even the seasons have an effect on mpg. I think it’s funny how my mind has been conditioned to pay attention to the 0.1 difference in my mpg because they just get horrible gas mileage and I am okay with it. I’ve owned trucks all my life and have never gotten good gas mileage. It’s just the price you pay to enjoy driving what you want. Maybe some day I’ll put a nuclear fusion reactor in my Raptor and get unlimited MPG!!!!!