One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
11.8mpg in Minnesota Winters. anything over 12 I am stoked by, which should be coming up soon as March is here.
i use mostly MN/UNL88 gas (which is mostly a MN based gas with 88 octane and up to 15% ethanol gas priced 10-20cents less than 87)

2014 6.2L w/ no tunes or anything like that.
37in Nitto Ridge Grapplers sitting mid-perch

p.s. when my friends and i take road trips and split the gas money they dont let me drive... so im sure the average driver would do better than this in my own truck, i rarely even use cruise control.
if it runs e-15 it will run e-30 e-20 id try that and see if the mpg gets better or not. e-30 94 octane. I use e-30 with a tune and it's better than 12

Blu21

Reaction score
if it runs e-15 it will run e-30 e-20 id try that and see if the mpg gets better or not. e-30 94 octane. I use e-30 with a tune and it's better than 12
The gas “cap” …there isn’t a gas cap but the ring around where the gas goes says E0-E15 on it specifically I believe. I can look for a picture when fill up later today - would that still be true?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gas “cap” …there isn’t a gas cap but the ring around where the gas goes says E0-E15 on it specifically I believe. I can look for a picture when fill up later today - would that still be true?
the gov is telling us not to. they also told everyone not to smoke weed but people "states" did it anyhow. yes, you can use it without it hurting anything if you have used ethanol in the past. everything is now made to use it. I use it in my 62 olds and it's still working also 60 JohnDeere. yes, the e-0 e-15 is what the gov says you can use up to. up to e-30 94 octane ethanol is ok. you start getting over that and you would have to program it. e-85 is like 102 octane. way too many octanes.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1000 mile round trip from OH to NC. SB route was via I77, NB route via I75. Both legs averaged the same 13.2 MPG and burned 37.9 gallons of fuel each way. Temps were 50 F to 70 F. A/C was on about 3/4 of the time.

Speeds were 80+ MPH whenever possible, indicated over 85 probably 50% of the time. People drive mighty damn fast these days, I was passing very few at that speed. We saw zero police running radar the whole way, even in VA.
Truck has 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, everything else is 100% OEM. I run 40 PSI up front 38 PSI in back. I check the tires at every stop- the tread was nice and cool, barely warmer than my hand. The sidewalls were ambient temp and.

I swear there is nothing like a Raptor to haul ass across US interstates at high speeds. All of the nasty bridge transitions, potholes and generally continuously f-ed up roads are nothing for these trucks. I watched a normal F150 in my side mirror hit a rough bridge transition that the Raptor had just "thump thumped" over without issue, and you could see it shook their whole truck really hard and it skittered sideways a bit as it rebounded up.

All the Raptor really needs is better brakes.

Last edited:

Hans

Reaction score
How
2010 Gen 1 K&N cold air system running on 91 octane, getting 16 as of right now.
Dam how the hell u get 16. I put and SnB CAI system it dropped a couple of decimals. I'm at 12.8 with new oem spark plugs, new msd ignition coils and wires, and consistently running a bottle and a half of lucas tune up

Sportyworty

Reaction score
2010 6.2 Scab 74K miles
All stock
New K02’s
new to me, first tank 87 octane
limited freeway, rural and coastal roads under 65mph. Definitely babied it hoping for a best case scenario.
Winner ! 14.1 mpg
Looks like 12 flogging it and 16 on a long freeway trip keeping it under 2K

Will go with 89 or 91 and see if there is a seat of the pants difference in power. Previous posts state not to expect an increase in mileage.
I have clocked approximately 2K miles since purchase now. The 14-14.5 is pretty consistent for non freeway driving. I finally had a chance to take a longer trip from Anacortes Wa down to Salem Oregon. Its 300 miles each way and the truck averaged 17 mpg on 87 octane. I keep it under 2K rpm cruising so just a tick under 70mph. Needless to say the truck is running well after 12 years and I am more than happy with the number. I had hoped to see high 15’s possibly 16. It went as high as 17.6 but never under 16.5 in stop and go from an accident which lasted about 1/2 hr. True story ! Ha