One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm averaging 12.6mpg and I do not baby it when I drive. It'a 6.2L performance truck, it's meant to perform. I usually drive 80-85mph wherever I go as long as it's safe to do so. You can usually see me in the left lane with the hammer down. This is by far the most fun vehicle I've had the pleasure of owning.

I had an old Ford Bronco II that was alot of fun too. I got that thing into some sketchy situations and it never let me down. My Escalade was sort of fun with the 6.L GM but it was underwhelming. However I did get lots of attention from the younger soccer moms when I was at the gas station. ;)

Sportyworty

Reaction score
2010 6.2 Scab 74K miles
All stock
New K02’s
new to me, first tank 87 octane
limited freeway, rural and coastal roads under 65mph. Definitely babied it hoping for a best case scenario.
Winner ! 14.1 mpg
Looks like 12 flogging it and 16 on a long freeway trip keeping it under 2K

Will go with 89 or 91 and see if there is a seat of the pants difference in power. Previous posts state not to expect an increase in mileage.

anthozy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37s vmp supercharger 2014 crew 8.4mpg avg

Sign up for fuel perks… buy gift cards with your fuel perks account (I use GetGo and shopnsave)

Anytime I go to lowes / Home Depot / restaurants / Amazon whatever I use gift cards.

50% of the time I fill up for free. Sometimes it’s around $35 depends on how many gift cards I used.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
37s vmp supercharger 2014 crew 8.4mpg avg

Sign up for fuel perks… buy gift cards with your fuel perks account (I use GetGo and shopnsave)

Anytime I go to lowes / Home Depot / restaurants / Amazon whatever I use gift cards.

50% of the time I fill up for free. Sometimes it’s around $35 depends on how many gift cards I used.
In Colorado our grocery store “King Soopers” does 2x, 3x, and 4x points when you buy gift cards and ppl from work just load up on them all year long and then get a $1 off per gallon for the entire year doing that. Pretty decent thing to do really and that $1 off per Gallon almost makes you think Trump is still el’ presidente….looking right now with those points I could get Premium for as low as $2.57 per gallon….not too shabby

anthozy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Colorado our grocery store “King Soopers” does 2x, 3x, and 4x points when you buy gift cards and ppl from work just load up on them all year long and then get a $1 off per gallon for the entire year doing that. Pretty decent thing to do really and that $1 off per Gallon almost makes you think Trump is still el’ presidente….looking right now with those points I could get Premium for as low as $2.57 per gallon….not too shabby
Hahaha ah yes the good old days... when trump was in office it was free every fill up. After gift cards of course.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 Roush 9.1. Only have had the truck for a few weeks and haven't really drove it hard yet. Looks like instead of planning my trips from bar to bar I'll be planning gas station to gas station outings.

Blu21

Reaction score
11.8mpg in Minnesota Winters. anything over 12 I am stoked by, which should be coming up soon as March is here.
i use mostly MN/UNL88 gas (which is mostly a MN based gas with 88 octane and up to 15% ethanol gas priced 10-20cents less than 87)

2014 6.2L w/ no tunes or anything like that.
37in Nitto Ridge Grapplers sitting mid-perch

p.s. when my friends and i take road trips and split the gas money they dont let me drive... so im sure the average driver would do better than this in my own truck, i rarely even use cruise control.