Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

On the search

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Jeffz95, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Jeffz95

Jeffz95 Member

Been researching this forum along with you tubes and any other source to educate myself on the Raptors. I have decided the gen 2 is our best choice based on use and needs. We live in Colorado and have 5 miles of dirt road travel to our home. Currently we have a Dodge 3500 that now is overkill since our towing needs have changed.
    Just checked out a 2017 loaded Raptor today and first time I have driven one, very impressed. Low miles as new a bit more then I want to pay but it is perfect condition. ?’s how valuable are factory beadlocks, carbon fiber package, under 20k miles, and again as brand new condition vs. a 2018 with a bit higher mileage or a 2017 with a few less options and higher mileage ?. Seems like $5k will buy you a much nicer more loaded Raptor. Thoughts leas ?

2. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

Beadlocks, carbon fiber, and stickers are cosmetic. They're worth more if you like them enough to pay the extra.

3. 04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi It's Just a Username

The Beadlocks were a must for me because I liked how they looked over the standard wheels. I don’t know how much value they add when I sell/trade the truck in. I doubt very much the wheels and carbon fiber are worth $5,000 on a used truck.

4. Raptor430

Raptor430 Member

The bead locks and carbon package is not a huge deal to me. Lower miles and a better condition is more important. 17-20 are all pretty much the same with the exception of some mechanical updates the vehicle got through the years. I believe the oil pan and turbos were updated in mid 2018 if I am not mistaken.

5. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

the bead lock -capable- wheels are aesthetic unless you buy and run the true bead lock rings, ~$200 / wheel. They do command about 1k on the open market for a set. C/F is a bit spendy for what you get, but it does add some flare to the F150 interior. Low mileage is obviously a plus. How much all this is worth to you is the real question.

SS308 likes this.
  6. Jeffz95

Jeffz95 Member

Wrapping up fine details on a velocity blue 17 with 19k miles with all the options. Seems like the right $, truly as new.

7. 04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi It's Just a Username

Very cool. Post pics once you take delivery.

8. isis

isis Full Access Member

You don’t really specify the options so. . .

an 802a costs 10k more than an 800. They all retain their value with miles. If you do 4-5k a year on an 802a raptor you’ll lose maybe 1-2k a year in depreciation. The low miles are your friend more than the bead locks carbon and stickers.

9. Jeffz95

Jeffz95 Member

802a, beadlocks, sun/moon roof, carbon fiber pkg, tailgate step, no Raptor stickers :), mall cruiser, body color Leer shell, are all leather seats two tone? Also after market led spots in bumper.

10. isis

isis Full Access Member

Two tone seats are an upcharge past the leather ones but probably not common enough to even speculate if that worth carries to resale.

Sounds like a solid truck. Good add ons if you’ll use them.