On the fence on tailgate/moonroof package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mclark202

Reaction score
I’m really on the fence on this option. I don’t care for the moonroof at all, and the tailgate I’m not sure it’s something I really want. I don’t mind flipping the tailgate down and up manually.
if I skip on this option, does the fob still drop the tailgate?

does the non powered tailgate open softly? Without banging down basically?

i honestly fear accidentally opening the tailgate with the fob, especially in my garage. So not sure if that package even deletes it from the fob.
would love to hear from people that already have it.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m really on the fence on this option. I don’t care for the moonroof at all, and the tailgate I’m not sure it’s something I really want. I don’t mind flipping the tailgate down and up manually.
if I skip on this option, does the fob still drop the tailgate?

does the non powered tailgate open softly? Without banging down basically?

i honestly fear accidentally opening the tailgate with the fob, especially in my garage. So not sure if that package even deletes it from the fob.
would love to hear from people that already have it.
Yes it still has the hydraulic assisted auto release as far as I know.

Apparently, auto release was a TSB at some point. I walked out to my truck backed into a spot one day and the tailgate was laying partially open against a concrete wall. Ouch