? On Gen 2 anGen 3 do u think there will b a mod for Gen2 exhaust that Gen 3 has

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like the Gen 3 exhaust in what way? If you're talking about the ability to change the tone/volume be a switch...yes, I think that will be rather common in a couple of years. I certainly would pay a couple extra hundred for the ability to go quite or loud depending on the situation and my mood.

If you're talking about the trumbone thing that makes the pipes equal length and improves the audio overall...not sure. Certainly a market for that with the volume of TT V6 trucks out there, but I would guess Ford has license for that. Maybe something that the aftermarket can duplicate. Really don't know how different it is, audio wise, than existing aftermarket options.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably be an exclusive to the Gen 3 in a list of things to want you to upgrade to a Gen 3. Would be years before Ford may even release this ad a performance upgrade for the Gen 2. Only chance would be the aftermarket and while the trombone design shouldn’t be hard to copy. Now getting the modes tied into the truck is something else.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not thinking so myself, usually the aftermarket will have already brought something to market by now, with the 3rd gen coming out, they will be offering mods for the newest vehicles, not trying to reinvent something in the past. Will somebody copy the gen 3 and put it on the Gen 2, I bet they will, since its the same motor.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The trombone design itself isn't new. It's been around for a long time. But Ford may have recently patented it keeping more aftermarket companies from re-creating it?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably be an exclusive to the Gen 3 in a list of things to want you to upgrade to a Gen 3. Would be years before Ford may even release this ad a performance upgrade for the Gen 2. Only chance would be the aftermarket and while the trombone design shouldn’t be hard to copy. Now getting the modes tied into the truck is something else.
Modes tied to the truck? Are you suggesting that the exhaust modes would need to change when change drive mode? I don't see that happening or really necessary. All you need to do is bring in some sort of control dial into the cab so the exhaust can be manually switched. You could even do some sort of bluetooth control, which would be particularly nice for cold starts.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Modes tied to the truck? Are you suggesting that the exhaust modes would need to change when change drive mode? I don't see that happening or really necessary. All you need to do is bring in some sort of control dial into the cab so the exhaust can be manually switched. You could even do some sort of bluetooth control, which would be particularly nice for cold starts.

Yes a stand-alone system tied to a phone app or a control module in truck would be easy enough. Tied into the modes of the truck is another story. These systems would be on the expensive side I’m sure.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes a stand-alone system tied to a phone app or a control module in truck would be easy enough. Tied into the modes of the truck is another story. These systems would be on the expensive side I’m sure.
If I had your money, I wouldn't even talk about it, I would just get 'er done!! lol