On board Generator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

21 Raptor

Reaction score
Question about the onboard generator is there a way to keep the generator in the off mode it seems just like the auto stop feature you can turn off every time you start the truck it seems like it recycles every time the truck is shut off. Didn’t notice it at first but when you first start the truck and you have the a/c and radio off you can hear the generator humming in the back seat until you manually go into settings and turn off.
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks

new raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have called 3 ford dealers and they said nothing. They said maybe with a new update they will had it. So for now I have to turn it off every time. Sucks

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question about the onboard generator is there a way to keep the generator in the off mode it seems just like the auto stop feature you can turn off every time you start the truck it seems like it recycles every time the truck is shut off. Didn’t notice it at first but when you first start the truck and you have the a/c and radio off you can hear the generator humming in the back seat until you manually go into settings and turn off.
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
its in another thread. youre somewhat correct but its not the generator. its the fan.

I dont know the thread but I believe its a special service #50167

I copied that from the other thread for when I bring mine in for its first service

not sure what it exactly does. my assumption is that is stops the fan from blowing until its needed to cool down the generator instead of being on always. if thats the case I cant understand why it wouldn't have been set up that way from the start

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i start my truck, before shifting into reverse to get out of my garage, i press the Power button twice which turns the Power off. when i take my truck in for the first service, i'll have them look up the code mentioned above and also do the two recall items

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i start my truck, before shifting into reverse to get out of my garage, i press the Power button twice which turns the Power off. when i take my truck in for the first service, i'll have them look up the code mentioned above and also do the two recall items
what two recalls? I assume the driveshaft is one of them

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just announced. mine appeared in FordPass app. description and then campaign/NHTSA#
* powertrain control module sw update 22S15/Awaiting
* reprogram integrated trailer relay module 22S17/22v193

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just announced. mine appeared in FordPass app. description and then campaign/NHTSA#
* powertrain control module sw update 22S15/Awaiting
* reprogram integrated trailer relay module 22S17/22v193
thx. just checked mine are there as well