On board air system for tires and train horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troy Gragg

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good place To mound an air compressor and tank on the gen 3? I’m thinking about putting them in the back corner of the bed and running the air hose down and have the tire inflation fitting by the license plate and then also run an air hose from the bed to the horn mounted on the frame. Any thoughts or good options?

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Skip the air horn and tank and get a California Air Tools tankless. It can be mounted with the Built Right bed-side mount. One of the cleanest setups I've seen on this forum by @Raptorlaw.

Check this thread:

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good place To mound an air compressor and tank on the gen 3? I’m thinking about putting them in the back corner of the bed and running the air hose down and have the tire inflation fitting by the license plate and then also run an air hose from the bed to the horn mounted on the frame. Any thoughts or good options?
I had the Hornblasters Nightmare Edition kit with on board air mounted a year ago on the spare tire delete kit that Hornblasters Offers. Wired through the first AUX switch so that I can either honk my OEM horn or flip the switch and have the train horns honk (of course I never keep the switch on OEM). Spare tire is mounted flat in my bed under BakFlip tonneau cover.

Attachments

• 51E81C24-5682-42E1-9CD9-08B1B43B447C.jpeg
    51E81C24-5682-42E1-9CD9-08B1B43B447C.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 61
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    3.3 MB

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the Hornblasters Nightmare Edition kit with on board air mounted a year ago on the spare tire delete kit that Hornblasters Offers. Wired through the first AUX switch so that I can either honk my OEM horn or flip the switch and have the train horns honk (of course I never keep the switch on OEM). Spare tire is mounted flat in my bed under BakFlip tonneau cover.
Effing hilarious…

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Skip the air horn and tank and get a California Air Tools tankless. It can be mounted with the Built Right bed-side mount. One of the cleanest setups I've seen on this forum by @Raptorlaw.

Check this thread:
Can it power an air horn?