Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally getting around to doing this. Little background.

My name is Tim and I own Olsen Motorsports on the west side of Chicago. We are a high end Porsche restoration/customization store. Focus mainly on high value older cars, and like any other business owner it drives me crazy and gives me grey hair! My background is 10 years in ALMS on the Porsche RSR's mostly as a car chief working my way up the ranks. My escape is off roading.

Platform we built off of was a 2018 Grey Raptor that I bought in February of '18. Being a city slicker i kept it perfectly clean and detailed for a couple of years and didn't even drive it in the winter. Just was a fun toy for me to cruise around in. I did a huge sound system and window tint and clear bra and left everything else stock.

Late 2019 work tasked me with developing shock absorbers for the raptor. We are a stateside importer for JRZ Suspension Engineering and do a ton of armored Vehicle applications so it made sense to develop an off road all purpose damper for the raptors. So we made a set and when it was time to test it out off road @Big Blue and Keith Mandoske from LVJ Motorsports made the trip to Durhamtown for a weekend of fun.

Now being a city boy I have never been in the dirt, never ridden a dirt bike or 4 wheeler or anything. All i had ever done was on a racetrack on tarmac. Man I was HOOKED! Hands down the most fun, the most adrenaline I have ever had behind the wheel. We went crazy on the truck as soon as we got home.

RTO.jpg

2020 Modifications:
Baja Designs Lights everywhere, LP9's, XLR's, S2 Pro's etc.

Swarfworks Front Winch Setup (big fan Paul makes such nice stuff)
Swarfworks Front Light Bar Setup
Front winch Zeon 10s Platinum (taking it off soon its garbage)Stealth Raptor Mobile-6.jpg
Icom Radio from LVJ
Swithpro's 9100d (coming off soon to be replaced by the RCA-Force 12)
GJ Motorsports Rear Brake Light Setup (big fan of Tom's stuff he is great)
LVJ Motorsports Relay Panel (Keith is great and has awesome support of his products)
Cobb Intercooler
More recovery gear than I have the patience to list
3 sets of factory true beadlock wheels, 1 set with KO2's, another with KM3's 3rd is Nokian Hakkapeliitta.
JRZ Suspension AT Pro Dampers at factory ride height
Fox IFP bump stops
Full audio upgrade, Hertz Mille Pro speakers all around, 2 JL Audio 12" subs, and three JL Audio VX Series amps.

This carried me through the COVID year where I got hooked up with Midwest off Road Expeditions. My buddies all bought raptors as well and we went out with those guys. Had a freaking blast but destroyed the truck in the process. Paint was beyond destroyed, and at Drummond Island I buried it deep in a mudhole and flooded the whole interior out. Was crazy but we drove it home 8 hours back to the CHI! I 100% believe in doing and fixing things the right way, so we replaced all the carpets, airbag modules, computers everything that touched water got replaced. While all that was apart we did the full interior in Focal Bam XXL acoustic sound deadening. Really makes a difference.
Stealth Raptor-4.jpg
JRZ Raptor-6.jpg
2021 Modifications (Will document all the installs here)
ARB twin air compressor (we are making it fully automatic)
Full Repaint (completed)
Stealth Clear Bra (Completed)
Stealth Raptor-7.jpg
Full rewire of all the added electrics from 2020
Re doing all the Baja Designs housings in custom colors
Adding Rear winch
Fixing front winch
Fully active dampers

Plan is to document everything here, I am a perfectionist and would love some input! Totally expect some roasting as well :) Its well deserved.

-Tim

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems like you are the only person on any available platform for the jrz at pro suspension.. and the only installed picture of the rear shock is yours.. not much of a following on the jrz at pro?

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like you are the only person on any available platform for the jrz at pro suspension.. and the only installed picture of the rear shock is yours.. not much of a following on the jrz at pro?

We have a dozen or so Raptors running around on them, along with Jeeps, Land Cruisers, Sprinters, Tundra's and the rest of our lineup. But just launched so will take some time to build that up.

Nice build. I'd like to see more / better pics of the shocks.

Will do!

I love that winch. What type of price are we talking?

I don't remember the exact number got to check the Swarfworks website but IIRC its close to 4g's by the time you add up intercooler and lights etc.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I took a few spirited solo laps around Durhamtown in Tim's truck and I can tell you those JRZ shocks handled just as good as my Fox Race Series 3.0s. I was very impressed.