Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Okay to buy an SVT Raptor with 70k+ Miles?

Discussion in 'Prospective Raptor Owners' started by Bsharkboy, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Bsharkboy

Bsharkboy Member

I have heard that the 6.2L V8 is the best engine made by Ford and that it lasts a while in these trucks. Is it completely fine to buy a SVT Raptor with high amount of miles like 70k+? Considering minor issues that can be easily fixed of course.

2. allinon72

allinon72 Full Access Member

Yes, as long as it’s been maintained. Check that.......yes, even if it hasn’t been maintained.

3. MFNG

MFNG Full Access Member

Bought a 2014 w 93k mi on it and have had no issues over 5k mi. Get a PPI, check the rocker panels for rust (search the forum here if you don’t understand where to look - I didn’t at first), check all the Gen 1 pre-buy threads here.

After that, hold the traction control for 5 seconds and put your foot into it!

Kuan likes this.
  4. John813

John813 Full Access Member

70k miles for the 6.2L is nothing, unless the owner prior to you never changed the oil once lol.

Small amount of engine issues with the 6.2 from the superduty lineup to the Raptor. More of a shit luck situations than a well known issue per say.

Kuan likes this.
  5. Sozzy12

Sozzy12 Full Access Member

70k is just broken in on a 6.2. You'll have more issues with ancillary systems like the blend door actuators, rear window defroster, maybe remote start. Check those out prior to purchase... Not deal breakers but something to be aware of, and maybe you can negotiate down on the price.

6. Ricoman

Ricoman Full Access Member

Bought my 2014 last year with 50K...just turned 60K last week....best damn truck I ever owned and I'm 62,so its been plenty...I love mine to death..and as MFNG said/....PPI,PPI,PPI..!! I bought mine sight onseen 1000 miles away from private owner....never drove it,but I had him bring to a place I PICKED and $100 later I get a call,its 99% out of 100....it was on transporter a week later... :)

7. Preston Hayes

Preston Hayes Member

I bought my 2014 with 98k miles on it 10 months ago it’s been fantastic other than the fuel pump fuse issue that’s common.

8. William Miller

William Miller Member

MFNG, what happens when you hold in the traction button, I thought you just push (not hold) to shut it off

9. SVTWillis

SVTWillis Full Access Member

Holding the traction control button down for 5 seconds turns off all the nanny’s.

10. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

The way you access them are different for different years.

One push puts the truck in Sport mode.
    Holding until it flashes turns off only the traction control under 30 mph. and Stabil-a-tract
    All other nannies are still active.

Only Off-road mode and then holding the traction control turns off most of the nannies.

Raptor Mode1.JPG

Raptor modes.JPG

2010 Raptor

2010 Raptor .jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020