Okay I'm a GEN 2 Owner - going Gen 3 CATCH ME UP.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I've been off the forums just driving my GEN 2 2017 SCREW for the past few years. I used to get a new truck every year but this truck has been so good I just DROVE IT. :cool:

I know, completely bonkers!, right?View attachment 349718

"Old Blue" has been the best truck ever, but it's time for a Gen 3. Started reading threads here and I'm happy to see the "ADM" wars are still raging! :laughing1:But I miss the "They don't have California Emissions!" battles...

COVID, supply chain... and this forum reads like it did when we were all hunting for the first Gen 2'S!

Catch me up...
ANY Gen 3 37" trucks on the ground? I'm going to guess "NO". We used to have threads tracking dealers with trucks and Dealers posting but I haven't seen any here now?

Any improvement in trucks going to dealers?

How long from Order to delivery at this point?

Any "good" dealers in the DFW area?

I ended up driving to Tucson to get my Gen 2! Hoping I wouldn't have to repeat that but if I do....so be it. ;)
I thought that was my ex wife for a moment. Nice truck

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just picked up my 37PP last week. Incredible truck. $12k over in Denver and drove it home to SoCal. Eons ahead of the gen 2 in terms of refinement!
Did you post pics in the Gen 3 Owners thread? If not, let’s see dem pics…

OP
OP
Rango

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MrLiou168 Nice!

Still hunting for mine.

I found a code orange but the price is past my pain tolerance ;).

Hope to fine something soon or I'm just going to punt and find something else...:rolleyes:

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MrLiou168 Nice!

Still hunting for mine.

Hope to fine something soon or I'm just going to punt and find something else...:rolleyes:
TX is going nuts with their ADMs! Freaking 110k minimum for a 35s.....

MrLiou168

Reaction score
@MrLiou168 Nice!

Still hunting for mine.

Don't punt, man! Either wait patiently or just increase your pain tolerance - you won't be disappointed! And no... don't go the TRX route... I did it (twice) and have nothing against Ram (I use their Cummins products like water) but the fact is that Ford makes the best 1/2 ton at the moment. I had wire harnesses hanging down off the TRX frame, a 5th shock absorber that came down and tore up the driveshaft, loose suspension mounting hardware, etc. all within 1000 miles!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol you're going Gen 3?

1. Your dealer will call you and say, "sorry your truck got into an accident and its being totaled."
2. Clunking noise from the rear
3. Still doesn't beat the TRX in a drag race.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you don’t mind shipping or a king road trip I’d suggest looking for a truck in the northeast. Albeit different markets, my 2018 I paid $59.5k + $1000 credit toward 100k extended warranty AND they put a ford tonneau on it- a ticketed for $66.8k

My 2020 bought 16 months ago new I paid $500 under MSRP & they threw in a tonneau cover w/ deal as well- stark difference lol, but even today I’m positive I could get a Raptor for MSRP from a dealer up my way.

OP
OP
Rango

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't punt, man! Either wait patiently or just increase your pain tolerance - you won't be disappointed! And no... don't go the TRX route... I did it (twice) and have nothing against Ram (I use their Cummins products like water) but the fact is that Ford makes the best 1/2 ton at the moment. I had wire harnesses hanging down off the TRX frame, a 5th shock absorber that came down and tore up the driveshaft, loose suspension mounting hardware, etc. all within 1000 miles!
Don't worry, I'm not buying an F'ing Dodge... Learned that lesson in a 318 Power Wagon that used to randomly vapor lock the fuel system and you just had to wait until it decided to run again. :emotions34:
if you don’t mind shipping or a king road trip I’d suggest looking for a truck in the northeast. Albeit different markets, my 2018 I paid $59.5k + $1000 credit toward 100k extended warranty AND they put a ford tonneau on it- a ticketed for $66.8k

My 2020 bought 16 months ago new I paid $500 under MSRP & they threw in a tonneau cover w/ deal as well- stark difference lol, but even today I’m positive I could get a Raptor for MSRP from a dealer up my way.
I'm looking nationally... I found one in MI today but it was 30K over! Nope. Another at 20K over...nope. I found one at 10K over but it's in the chip yard with no ETA...and wants a non-refundable deposit.
And none of them are budging....
Local dealer will order a '23 at MSRP. But who knows when I'd see that... I've had a Lightning "reservation" since May 20th and FORD emailed that it maybe a '23.

If you've got a lead PM me... ;)