Okay I'm a GEN 2 Owner - going Gen 3 CATCH ME UP.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I've been off the forums just driving my GEN 2 2017 SCREW for the past few years. I used to get a new truck every year but this truck has been so good I just DROVE IT. :cool:

I know, completely bonkers!, right?D56A27C9-88D2-4CE8-8F4C-7611A86739B2_1_105_c.jpeg

"Old Blue" has been the best truck ever, but it's time for a Gen 3. Started reading threads here and I'm happy to see the "ADM" wars are still raging! :laughing1:But I miss the "They don't have California Emissions!" battles...

COVID, supply chain... and this forum reads like it did when we were all hunting for the first Gen 2'S!

Catch me up...
ANY Gen 3 37" trucks on the ground? I'm going to guess "NO". We used to have threads tracking dealers with trucks and Dealers posting but I haven't seen any here now?

Any improvement in trucks going to dealers?

How long from Order to delivery at this point?

Any "good" dealers in the DFW area?

I ended up driving to Tucson to get my Gen 2! Hoping I wouldn't have to repeat that but if I do....so be it. ;)

Attachments

• 9DF06177-781A-4A6B-9A71-BB4ACC82C2D2_1_105_c.jpeg
    9DF06177-781A-4A6B-9A71-BB4ACC82C2D2_1_105_c.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 57

DrJayC

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I've been off the forums just driving my GEN 2 2017 SCREW for the past few years. I used to get a new truck every year but this truck has been so good I just DROVE IT. :cool:

I know, completely bonkers!, right?View attachment 349718

"Old Blue" has been the best truck ever, but it's time for a Gen 3. Started reading threads here and I'm happy to see the "ADM" wars are still raging! :laughing1:But I miss the "They don't have California Emissions!" battles...

COVID, supply chain... and this forum reads like it did when we were all hunting for the first Gen 2'S!

Catch me up...
ANY Gen 3 37" trucks on the ground? I'm going to guess "NO". We used to have threads tracking dealers with trucks and Dealers posting but I haven't seen any here now?

Any improvement in trucks going to dealers?

How long from Order to delivery at this point?

Any "good" dealers in the DFW area?

I ended up driving to Tucson to get my Gen 2! Hoping I wouldn't have to repeat that but if I do....so be it. ;)
Tucson is out of gen 3’s but if one does come in expect 10k over

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a nightmare.
You thought it was bad before it’s worse now. ADMs or buying second hand you’ll pay 100/110k for a 37 package. I got extremely lucky and ordered a 37 for msrp last October and didn’t take delivery until middle of March.

That being said, the truck is incredible! 12mpg in the city sucks, but other than that, it’s truly an amazing marvel of engineering. It’s the “gt3” of trucks.

I got really really close to buying a 250 Tremor and throwing on Cari pintop… so if you get discouraged, there’s still great options from Ford if you’re willing to make a few modifications lol.

All in all. Excellent truck.

OP
OP
Rango

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all - keep it coming! :peace:

If it's 10K over for a truck NOW over ordering and waiting? That would be a game time call. Frankly, the trade-in on my Gen 2 is 10K over where it should be... I've had a reservation on a Lightning since May 20...LAST YEAR so not really excited about ordering.

Biggest problem I'm having right now is knowing where trucks are ACTUALLY on the ground. Autotrader is worthless.... Called on about 10 that were "in stock" with pictures and Vin's - NOT one was actually in stock.

We used to have "Raptor Tracker"...But that website is gone....

Other than calling every Ford dealer in the US, how are you guys finding trucks now?
I'll take any leads on a loaded 37" truck. :cool:

Last edited:

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all - keep it coming! :peace:

If it's 10K over for a truck NOW over ordering and waiting? That would be a game time call. Frankly, the trade-in on my Gen 2 is 10K over where it should be... I've had a reservation on a Lightning since May 20...LAST YEAR so not really excited about ordering.

Biggest problem I'm having right now is knowing where trucks are ACTUALLY on the ground. Autotrader is worthless.... Called on about 10 that were "in stock" with pictures and Vin's - NOT one was actually in stock.

We used to have "Raptor Tracker"...But that website is gone....

Other than calling every Ford dealer in the US, how are you guys finding trucks now?
I'll take any leads on a loaded 37" truck. :cool:
Kunes Ford in Southern WI and Northern IL has multiples, but they’re charging 10k over on 35s and 20k on 37s

OP
OP
Rango

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kunes is showing just '21's and used...
Kunes Ford in Southern WI and Northern IL has multiples, but they’re charging 10k over on 35s and 20k on 37s
Not seeing any '22's there. Just '21's and used.... Maybe I'm at the wrong dealer? Got a link?

For those that ordered, how did you find a dealer WITH allocation for Raptor?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck in your search. Are you a farmer or is that pig your pet? If it's your pet, we are all sorry about the other members comment about wanting some bacon, but if you're a farmer, when's the pig roast?

There is dealer offering 140,000 for a 35 package on here, lol, how crazy will you get?

OP
OP
Rango

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pig was my Daughters FFA project. "Oakley" was a cool pig but... Show pigs meet the same end ->Great life but one bad day. ;)

I worked though all the stupid +20 or 30+ in Kalifornia when I was hunting for my Gen 2. That's how I ended up in Tucson. The dealer there and in Peoria, Az both had stock on the ground. In the end it was 1K ADM but they gave me 2K more for my FX4 trade in than Carmax so.... the "Net" was 1K under... :Big Laugh:

I was hoping it would be easier this time! But no.... LOL!

Still looking for leads on trucks on the ground or good dealerships with Allocation to order from in the DFW area. :cool: