OK to always leave in 4A?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. On my to-do list. But JESUS is the wheel hop bad. I mean I literally can’t give it any kind of throttle from a dead stop say for instance on an uneven dirt lot covered in snow/ice. Give it gas in 2wd it just bucks & sounds horrific. Take TC off lil better but not by much.

TBH after researching quite a bit doesn’t really seem like deavers/icons are as useful as people make em out to be in that regard- better than stock sure, but seems like that’s a side selling point & main interest adding them is to increase ride height/add rake after leveling front & prevent sag.

Seems to me a torque arm is the real solution. I like that KHC offers a bolt-on design that doesn’t impede ground clearance.

Only thing I don’t like about it is while most ford techs/service mgrs are too clueless to notice a set of deavers over stock leafs, they for SURE will notice a TQ arm & if you have any drivetrain component issue my guess is they’ll blame it immediately on that despite the fact it really does the opposite- protects the rear axles/diff/driveshaft
Deavers and better tires = no more wheel hop.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deavers and better tires = no more wheel hop.

Well I think wifey got me some eibachs for Xmas so I’ll have to start putting $$$ aside for deavers b/c I don’t wanna be riding nose high come summer towing jet skis or utility trailer.

I think I’m gonna go w/ the +3 HDs cuz I want the added height + be able to carry some decent weight in bed w/o sag or putting excess wear on shocks- the KHC TQ arm seems like a good solution also but don’t wanna blatantly mess w/ warranty.

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's news to me. I've been using 4A a lot lately with the crappy weather we've been having up here in NWPA and UPNY (just like last winter). I've driven from Buffalo to Erie with it in 4A for most of the trip (today is a perfect example) and haven't experienced any issues (fuel mileage hasn't suffered any, either).

The video simply confirmed what thought was happening with respect to the drivetrain on my '18 and I'm not concerned about it long-term.