ok mall / street rats.....what millage are you without doing the shock rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m at 122k and I felt a difference about 12k ago with it feeling like a water bed now. I have never had all 4 tires off the ground on my 18 but I live on a Ranch and use it. Thought I was getting a 2023 so I did not change it. Now I’m keeping it though the depression/recession so I’m going to change them soon. Heck my oem battery just went out yesterday. I have had the best luck with this truck and parts lasting. Besides brakes at 90k I only do maintenance and I do that myself. I normally do not keep a truck this long but she has not let me down yet.

Last edited:

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at 122k and I felt a difference about 12k ago with it feeling like a water bed now. I have never had all 4 tires off the ground on my 18 but I live on a Ranch and use it. Thought I was getting a 2023 so I did not change it. Now I’m keeping it though the depression so I’m going to change then soon. Heck my oem battery just went out yesterday. I have had the best luck with this truck and parts lasting. Besides brakes at 90k I only do maintenance and I do that myself. I normally do not keep a truck this long but she has not let me down yet.
When did your depression begin? Haha

55k here on a 17’. Shocks are good. If it ain’t broken….

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
57 K on my 2013. Holding off on the shocks till they are available or my mechanic says I need to replace. Mostly a street queen but I do tow a Bass boat often.

Hburgrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made my first road trip with my squad today. Running 80mph down I81 im hearing like a harmonic whine as the suspension absorbs the road. Under 75mph no noise.

Is this a sign of wearing or slapped out shocks? Was kinda annoying after a while

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Made my first road trip with my squad today. Running 80mph down I81 im hearing like a harmonic whine as the suspension absorbs the road. Under 75mph no noise.

Is this a sign of wearing or slapped out shocks? Was kinda annoying after a while
Ko2’s getting old?