Oil Separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick71692

Reaction score
I see JLT has an offering for their 3.0 version that is pretty economical at $139. Most other ones I have seen are $400. Ive had great success with them in the past on my mustang. My question is anyone running one? Their site shows they are compatible with 2017 raptors but nothing about 2018...didnt think anything mechanical wise changes for 18 but I may be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A better question is there a 17 out there at 50k miles, and no oil cooler willing to scope the intakes to see if we really need an oil seperator?

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A better question is there a 17 out there at 50k miles, and no oil cooler willing to scope the intakes to see if we really need an oil seperator?

I know two or three that have been beat on hard and have over 50k, but something tells me they won't see the need to check.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to the guys at JLT - they get this question all the time. I added one on my 2018, but I only have 600 miles on it now so not even close to time to check on it.

sharkhunt

Reaction score
Is a separator the same thing as a catch can? I changed my IC last week and saw way more oil than I expected in the boost tubes. My 18 has 15k or so on it.

OP
OP
N

nick71692

Reaction score
ordered and installed a back when I posted. Checked last week and had a decent amount of oil (at least in my opinion), about a quarter full. Money well spent in my opinion

GaRaptor

Reaction score
Is this an absolutely necessary add on ? I mean why didn't they install one from the factory ? Will it void my warranty if I install one ? I had a king ranch with the ecoboost and drove it for two years putting 120k miles on it and never had a problem . It was a great truck!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score