Oil pump how to???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LIbraptor

LIbraptor

Reaction score
I just marked the chains (actually I dint even do that, I just lined up the other colored link with the timing marks when I put it back together), no need to remove the rocker arms. One of my cams did turn a little while the chains was off, there must have been pressure on a spring and it rotated back a little bit so I couldn't get the timing marks to line up. I had to put the chain on the crank and cam, turn the crank a little to turn the cam, then took the chain off and turned the crank back like 1/4 turn and it all lined up.
Thanks for info man! Just made my job easier. The manual always does it the hard way it seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LIbraptor

LIbraptor

Reaction score
Little update, did the pump while truck was on ground. Much much easier to remove the front end (bumper, upper bumper and headlights) took me 10 hours. Very involved job for sure. 0245f6368e9ee291ddb497d30c69b5b6.jpgb15badb41af6f0c9818be41a2b09bfc7.jpgf6097e1345ba3d2accf9e90110aff3fa.jpg
Did the blower in roughly 15–16 hours give or take. blower is so much easier job to do just very time consuming. Lot of little steps that Whipple does a really good job at explaining in the instructions. Make sure those rear wires are routed behind hoses tucked against the fire wall or else that rear passenger bolt is impossible. Good luck to all! And if you have any questions message me I am more then happy to help if I have time. ff4f8fdbf38b35a5eff1cc3eef68c7c3.jpg06d7e13801fa894d89dad7dcaf4789cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mindgame100

Reaction score
Just did mine a couple weeks ago on a 6.2, working on my whipple install now. I used the service manual I bought to get all the torque specs and prodecure ford recommends. I'd recommend getting the service manual, I think I spent like $90 on mine online and got like a 12,000 page pdf file showing literally every procedure and part for the truck.

Hey bsimms89,

Would it be possible to share which manual, and where did you get the pdf? I'm looking at swapping out the oil pump also now....

Many thanks!!!
:)