Oil life monitor based on lower of time / mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Ford used to allow one to change your oil mileage interval online. I don't see it anymore.

I called the Dealer, no help. I called Ford and talked to a Fordpass person and no help.

All I was concerned about is the Ford Pass App, showing that I didn’t do an oil change when it wanted me to but instead changing it at the 5,000 mile interval like I have since I purchased it, is if had trouble with my engine would that be used against me. They just said change it at your interval.

Anyways, I'll have to keep putting up with the oil change reminder every time I start my truck.

I'm hoping when I do change it at at the next 5,000 mile interval and reset it that it will correct this issue.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford used to allow one to change your oil mileage interval online. I don't see it anymore.

I called the Dealer, no help. I called Ford and talked to a Fordpass person and no help.

All I was concerned about is the Ford Pass App, showing that I didn’t do an oil change when it wanted me to but instead changing it at the 5,000 mile interval like I have since I purchased it, is if had trouble with my engine would that be used against me. They just said change it at your interval.

Anyways, I'll have to keep putting up with the oil change reminder every time I start my truck.

I'm hoping when I do change it at at the next 5,000 mile interval and reset it that it will correct this issue.
you can reset the oil life in advanced options for the jenny dos, not sure if the gwen tres is any different.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to be based on a variety of inputs - time, mileage, how used, idling etc as a proxy for actual oil quality.
It also is the absolute latest you'd want to change oil. I shoot for 4 or 5k depending on how hard I've been running the truck. It's easy to reset and I look at it as a failsafe only.
I keep my own records for warranty purposes, should that come into question.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i change mine when monitor says.my 17 was around 7000 miles this one is too new .

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
you can reset the oil life in advanced options for the jenny dos, not sure if the gwen tres is any different.
I know and it may be why the interval keeps decreasing as it was reset due to warranty work and a early oil interval and maybe because of that the computed interval seems to keep decreasing.

It's why I won't reset it on my truck until I've reached 5,000 mile which I'll perform my next oil change.