Oil leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paultallwall

Reaction score
I just came from the dealership and dropped my '17 Raptor to check an oil leak coming from above the front differential. Service guy says they'll use a dye to figure out source of oil leak and will take 1 or 2 days to fix. I have 31K miles on the odometer and already had my plastic oil pan leak at 20K miles and replaced. This time I checked the plastic oil pan and it is clean and dry.

My ******* forgot to uninstall my COBB stage 2 tune before dropping off truck at the dealer. I hope dealer does not find out. Other than the oil leak I mentioned, this truck is awesome!

See image attached.

View attachment 139065
Did you ever confirm what it was? I have a similar leak on my ‘18 and taking it in Monday. I have already recently replaced valve covers so it’s not that. Here is a pic through the rectangle skid plate hole. Diff cover is dark shape on left side.

Attachments

• 0CDB5B92-4E9F-4D19-9FCB-4AD0591B414C.jpeg
    0CDB5B92-4E9F-4D19-9FCB-4AD0591B414C.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 11

paultallwall

Reaction score
Ok closing the loop on my own question lol - turns out this was all residual from the long term valve cover leak before I purchased that was being washed down by yet another coolant leak. This coolant leak was a tough one. Leaked right at seam but wasn’t leaking down front of engine. Turns out it was the water pump. All deep cleaned now and so far so good. 51962F6A-46A4-4510-86D9-8D3CA48BA517.jpeg